United Nations Human Settlement Programme (UN-Habitat)
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
Overview of Role:
CHAI Cameroon is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with strong problem solving and analytical skills to fill the post of Finance and Administrative Assistant for the organization. The successful candidate should have excellent analytical skills, function independently, be self-motivated, be able to thrive in challenging environments, and have a strong commitment to excellence. This role falls in level 2 of CHAI’s Finance and Operations career track.
Finance and Accounting
- Compile all payments requests and submit to Finance manager for review and approval by budget holder or Country Director
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices and payments
- Sending supplier remittances where applicable
- Support the internal or external audit process by sorting out audit sample and ensure their completeness
- Act as first level support to new colleagues on finance processes and compliance issues
- Assist Program staff in assigning the correct PID / GID in their expense reports
- Receive and review all their party (EU, MTN etc.) payment vouchers and file them with appropriate TN’s
- Prepare weekly cash release and submit to finance manager for review an approval by Country Director
- Track staff travel cash advances and reconciliations to ensure compliance with finance manual
- Monitor Fuel Tom card balances and ensure timely refill
- Follow up with suppliers for original invoices and/or receipts
- Support the month end close process with preparation of monthly fuel and carbon report
- Ensure monthly filing of all finance vouchers and month end close files
- Ensure monthly scanning of finance documents including vouchers, contracts etc.
- Track and maintain records of equipment and capital purchases
- Other accounting tasks as needed
- Regularly update the vendor register with relevant information for new vendors
- Ensure the PO tracker is updated weekly
- Ensure all OFAC checks are updated on timely basis in line with CHAI policy
- Review purchase orders and other relevant procurement documents for correctness and completeness before they are issued to vendors, and/or processed
- Review purchase orders and consult with the team lead for approval, prior to issuance within agreed upon thresholds
- Liaise with vendors and other service providers and ensure administrative documents, invoices, GRN are provided before payment is processed
- Provide guidance to the program team on compliance requirements in procurement
- Other procurement tasks as needed
- Maintain the asset register and ensure it is always up to date, including conducting impromptu asset verification on a periodic basis
- Maintain office records such as travel logs, asset lists, and others as needed
- Receive office supplies and prepare GRN
- Manage office supplies/consumables stock and ensure timely replenishment
- Collect and distribute in-coming mail, record, and send out all out-going mail
- Keep reference serial list and assign to new external correspondence
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and trainings and set up of conference room(s), request cash advance for refreshments, and provide other logistics for in-house meetings
- Oversee office facilities management, transportation, and logistics, including making necessary arrangements for project meetings, workshops, and trainings
- Manage the project leadership’s agenda, contacting people to request and confirm appointments
- Manage general office services including guards, cleaning services, transportation, and utilities
- Manage office supplies and consumables stock to ensure timely replenishment
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- CPA/chartered accountant would be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience performing a similar function in an INGO.
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting, and generally accepted accounting principles reporting.
- Able to assess value for money when making purchasing decisions
- Understands and demonstrates accurate and appropriate recording and processing of financial information
- Good organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good analytical skills, detail oriented and ability to work and interpret numbers, figures and other financial information.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and experience working with several different accounting software packages.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.