Position: Finance and HR Coordinator
The Finance HR Coordinators oversee the Financial and Human Resources management and administration of all mission projects.
The Fin HR Coord declines, develops and manages the means necessary for the implementation of operational decisions. As a member of the coordination team, he makes frequent visits to the field in order to measure the good match between the human and financial resources and the activities. In its various areas of intervention, it must ensure:
- compliance with legal and legal frameworks
- good functional organization of resources
- monitoring the use of resources (expenditure and commitments)
- Guarantee the existence of money management rules and accounting rules in the country,
- Supervise and supervise a team and an accounting system ensuring the security of money, compliance with procedures and the legibility of expenses,
- Permanently ensure a necessary and sufficient level of cash for the smooth running of operations with maximum control of security and operational risks,
- Put in place the elements necessary to monitor the use of material resources,
- Translating into budgetary form all information relating to resources: consolidation and production of budgets, in collaboration with the other coordinators and analysis and dissemination in the coordination team and for the general and specific monthly budget monitoring unit, possible alerts, proposals for action corrective.
- Ensure compliance with commitments made to institutional donors.
At least 24 months in humanitarian aid, project conception, monitoring and assessment, team management with an NGO
6 months minimum
mission language required
– experience in and facility in managing relations with not only national authorities but also national and international partners (NGOs, United Nations, etc.)
– good negotiation skills
– good command of excel, SAGA and HOMERE
– ability to organize and prioritize workload
– willingness to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
– take initiative
Your pay & benefits
Your contract and compensation depends on your country of residence and your experience.
Fixed-term contract with a salary from €2,280 to €2,508, depending on the employee’s role and relevant experience in the position. All MAGNA Staff Members with “International staff member contract” are responsible for determining whether they are required to file and pay income taxes in their home country, or current country of residence.
MAGNA pays for the return trip from your residence to the mission. With contracts over 12 months, you have the option of getting an extra trip to your place of residence.
Each month in the field, a monthly living allowance called a “meal allowance” is provided to cover the cost of food and personal expenses. The same amount and grants all international employees working in the same country allocations regardless of their location.
DAYS OFF AND HOLIDAYS
MAGNA has decided to provide and pay 25 working days of leave for each mission year. For contracts over 12 months, these days are higher, depending on the length of the contract.
ACCOMMODATION IN THE FIELD
For the duration of your assignment, you will be provided accommodation in a MAGNA-approved residence.
Accommodation can vary greatly from project to project depending on living conditions within the mission country or project area. In some areas, volunteer accommodation and the MAGNA project office will be in the same building.
One of our basic principles is that all field volunteers should live together. At the same time, we understand that the family and personal situation of a field volunteer can make living together difficult, especially in longer-term projects. For these reasons, if possible, MAGNA pays for individual accommodation.
MAGNA provides health care and medical evacuation insurance.
HOME CHILD ALLOWANCES
A monthly amount paid together with the salary for dependent children who remain in their country of residence. It is provided only for employees working with MAGNA for more than 12 months and in a coordination position.
How to apply
Interested applicants can send only their CV including education, qualifications, contact number and relevant documents: by email, to address
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered: „, FinCo, WorldWide”. E-mails without job title will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.) and 3 professional references.
Before submitting your online application, please ensure that your professional profile meets MAGNA’s field requirements.
Some criteria – including required availability – may differ between profiles.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.