United Nations International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT)
Join our team in Kyiv Ukraine and become Finance Coordinator in which you will lead and build team capacities, prepare and analyze reports, Maintain budget control, and monitor cash flow.
- Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports of the financial situation in the projects and the programme to the Finance Manager, Head of the support unit, Programme Director, Area Managers, Programme Managers, Project Coordinators, and the head office (HO) in Oslo upon request
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring, and reporting are according to procedures (Finance)
- Support project staff in financial matters (Finance)
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area (Finance)
- Assist budget holder in preparation of budgets (Draft budget)
- Maintain Master budget update.
- Be proactive in communication with donors to ensure that new donor requirements are taken on board
- Promote the exchange of information and cooperation with the relevant departments in the main office as well as with Project managers and coordinators
- Facilitate monthly Budget versus Actual (BvA) reports with budget holder and follow up on action points.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience handling grants and finance, in increasingly responsible
- Hold a first degree preferably Bachelors’s (Finance & Accounting)
- Solid experience from working as a Finance Coordinator or Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, Russian and Ukrainian both written and verbal
We highly encourage you to learn more about the role: please review the detailed Job Description here.
What Makes This Position Attractive?
- The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. The organisation protects displaced people and supports them as they build a new future. The organisation began relief efforts after World War II, and today, works in both new and protracted crises across more than 40 countries.
- Meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. NRC Ukraine meets immediate humanitarian needs, prevents further displacement, and contributes to durable solutions.
What We Offer
- Duty station: Kyiv
- Contract duration: Employment contract – till 31 Dec 2023 with the possibility of extension subject to funding availability and satisfactory performance
- Travel: 25 % to field locations
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms, and conditions.
- Closing Date: 09.06.2023
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. In selecting our staff, we are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information – Please Take Note When Applying
- Learn more about NRC here and NRC Ukraine
- To apply as an internal candidate, please click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.