United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a calling.
We are committed, passionate, and proud of what we do. Promoting the rights of every child is not a job, it’s a calling.
For more information about GSSC please visit our Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) and GSSC Video.
How can you make a difference?
Key Roles and Responsibilities of the post:
This is a business-critical role, reporting to the Section Management, closely integrated with and supporting the Transactional Streams and working in partnership and collaboratively, proactively and effectively with the GSSC Reporting, SQM and BIS Teams.
The Sections work plan is firmly focused on upstream burden reduction, generating efficiencies and the delivery of a compliant, robust and satisfactory service to its customers and clients. This position plays an important role in the achievement of the Sections workplan.
This will involve:
- Human Resources Administration and Development
- Oversee, develop and coordinate the full spectrum of Human Resource actions from efficient and timely recruitment, rightsizing of teams to Career Development initiatives
- Oversight of Service Delivery
- Monitor, follow up and action on Service Delivery issues to ensure quality delivery, meeting of KPI’s and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Process and Project Support
- Support the Section chief in the management and timely implementation of work plan projects and the solutioning of process issues as they arise.
- Reporting and Data Analysis
- Develop the Reporting and Data Analysis function within the Section, ensuring the availability of timely, relevant, accurate and business relevant data for Streams and Stakeholders
- Real Time Transactional Monitoring
- Develop the concept and pilot the Real Time Transactional monitoring function, supporting the reduction of financial risk and avoidance of financial loss
- Section Chief Support and Section Administration
- Provide support to the Section and Section chief on administrative, logistical opportunities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first university degree (Bachelor’s) in business administration or related field is minimum requirement. An Advanced university degree (Master’s) in a relevant field is an asset.
- A minimum of two years of managerial experience within a shared service environment or audit/consultancy firm relevant to the requirements of this post. Additional years of progressively responsible related managerial experience is desirable.
- An internationally recognized Professional Accounting qualification is desirable.
- A Minimum of one year of relevant work process experience within a Procure to Pay (P2P) or Record to Report (R2R) Shared Services/Consulting or Audit environment.
- Managerial experience within a shared service environment or audit/consultancy firm relevant to the requirements of this post.
- Experience with the interaction between business operations and technical staff and the ability to analyze the impacts/changes on financial data, reports and systems based on proposed data or policy changes.
- Proven ability to organize, plan and prioritize assignments within multiple projects and perform difficult analytical tasks with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
- Knowledge, interest and experience in process efficiencies and automation tools
- A genuine interest in Service Centre Management, Human Resources and Process Effectiveness
As an advocate for every child, you will receive
- UNICEF offers an attractive remuneration package including a tax-free annual net base salary starting HUF 1,215,980 per month. Please check SalCalcLocal (undp.org) for simulation.
- Holidays and leave, including 30 days of annual leaves per year
- Parental leave
- Dependency allowance
- United Nations sponsored medical insurance plan
- Pension plan
- Optional life insurance plan
- Access to professional development and learning programs, online learning and learning path
- Access to staff well-being support
- Access to career development support
Please visit Compensation and Benefit site on UNICEF Career page
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others (8) Nurtures, Leads and Manages People.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Requirement for internal applicants
Internal applicants from GSSC are required to complete the courses of Learning Paths that are identified as essential when applying to the level of this post. Please visit the L&D Portal Learning and Development (sharepoint.com) for more information.
National Officer (NO) staff are nationals of the country in which they perform functions of a technical and professional nature. Eligible applicants are nationals of Hungary.
National Officer staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, are responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements. UNICEF does not facilitate MFA accreditation for locally recruited staff
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with
UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.