General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage, account for, and monitor, all payments, vouchers, and other relevant financial matters in relation to GOAL-SYRIA activities for daily cash inflows and outflows, vouchers ensuring proper systems and that procedures are being followed, as well as assist Finance Staff in Syria of the matters mentioned above and to assist the Financial Controller and DFM in preparation of relevant reports.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Oversee petty cash maintenance, ensuring all expenses are reasonable and appropriately authorized and recorded.
- To pay floats for Logistic staff after ensuring available codes and programs.
- To pay expenditures and salaries for Syrian Staff.
- To participate with the committee in monthly stock take for GOAL warehouses in 3 areas.
- Keep the FM/AFC updated on your work progress throughout the month and bring all major financial issues to his or her attention.
- Maintain excel cash books, ensuring all movements are recorded and coded to appropriate donors and projects.
- Ensure all purchases have been made following GOAL purchasing procedures and have all relevant supporting documentation attached to payment requisition.
- Prepare the Fixed Assets Register Month Spot check for Month end files.
- Other duties as requested by the FM/AFC.
- University degree in economics.
- Experience working in finance.
- Excellent Microsoft excel experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience working financially in NGO.
- Number of years’ experience in a similar position (Min 2 years).
- Knowledge of working in GOAL areas.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic. Good written and spoken English.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Applications in Arabic are accepted. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application deadline is 29/03/2023 however, you are encouraged to apply immediately as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, therefore we may withdraw the position before the advertisement’s closing date if a suitable candidate/s is identified.
General terms and conditions:
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work, we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL:
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.