World Vision international
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job title: Finance Officer – Consultancy (Turkey)
World Vision’s Syria Response, managed from Jordan, oversees programming for conflict-affected Syrian children and their families inside Syria and throughout Jordan and Turkey.
The purpose of the position is to ensure compliance with local legislation, WVI and donor requirements, to ensure sufficient Liquidity for smooth operations and to contribute to achieving the Finance function KPIs.
The Position plays an assistant role to the Finance Coordinator on grants accounting and reporting, audit and implementation of internal controls (Turkiye, Syria and Jordan).
Knowledge/ Qualifications for the role:
A- Financial Management and Reporting
- Review of the source documents/ payment packages before processing the payments to ensure alignment with local legislation and WVI and donor regulations.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial data into the standard registers as required including Implementing Partner’s financial reports
- Ensure timely payments to Implementing partners as per the submitted request by the operation team.
- All submitted EERs (employee expense reports) are reviewed timely and there are no outstanding advance to the staff.
- Support the Finance Coordinator in ensuring the FFR package prepared and submitted on a timely manner by ensuring timely preparation of the following:
- Implementing partner’s financial reports reconciliations and bookings.
- Monthly Allocation of office and apartments rent.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- All bank and cash accounts are reconciled monthly
A.3 Implementing Partners
- Perform site and partner monitoring visits to conduct compliance reviews and provide mentorship as necessary
- Complete Assessment (COCA RCA) as required
- Prepare/create the Implementing Partner Financial Reporting templates and update as required.
- Ensure Spot Checks are carried and results are documented with action plans if needed.
- Ensure that Partners’ Supporting Documentations are reviewed and archived.
- Assist Finance Coordinator on reviewing Partner Documentation along with Financial Report.
System management and update
- Creating of Supply Chain Approval on Provision.
- Create New T codes in SunSystems when needed.
- Creating Implementing Partners’ Accounts.
B- Capacity building
1. Provide financial orientation and coaching to Implementing Partners and answer inquires and provide support as needed.
2. Deliver Orientation to new partners and kick off meetings.
C. Risk management and Compliance
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of tax, social security and other mandatory reports required by local governmental bodies.
- Coordination with Certified Public Accountant, Board of Associations and other local government offices.
- Assist the Finance Coordinator in audit preparation to provide required information.
- Ensure Implementing Partner’s compliance with WV and donor regulations.
- Ensure all original vouchers and other financial documentation are filed/archived properly and safely, backup documentation is ready for any internal and external Audit.
D. Other Duties as required by direct supervisor
Required Professional Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus
- Practical knowledge of financial systems, internal financial controls & procedures and staff management skills
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Solid knowledge of government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Knowledge on Turkish Social Security and Tax Legislation
- Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
- Analytical skills and good attention to details.
- Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
- Full adherence to World Vision’s Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Full Adherence to security protocols
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Sanliurfa/Gaziantep with travel to other locations (25%)
Proficiency in written and spoken English, Arabic is an asset
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply via the link below: