University of Oxford
Are you a dynamic and experienced HR professional looking for a new challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy HR Manager (maternity cover) to join our team at the Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics. As the Deputy HR Manager, you will play a crucial role in managing the day-to-day operations of our HR function, ensuring the efficient delivery of services to our department. Your duties will include:
- Supervising and developing a team of three HR and Payroll Assistants to deliver an effective HR service for the department;
- Supporting managers in managing change and in handling individual employee cases, ensuring compliance with University policy, working with central HR where necessary;
- Advising and supporting employees and managers through the end of fixed-term contract process ensuring consistent application of University HR policy and procedure;
- Attending Divisional working groups or committees to build relationships and share best practice, and deputising for the HR Manager when required;
- Managing the administration of recruitment exercises, including academic recruitment;
- Monitoring the sick leave absence records, annual leave records, end of probationary periods and annual appraisal dates to advise managers as necessary;
- Working closely with the rest of HR team, maintaining oversight of monthly payroll changes, ensuring that the correct funds are utilised, highlighting any funding issues, and adhering to the University’s deadlines.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of working in an HR team/role and managing HR processes; they will be qualified or working toward CIPD graduate level, or have equivalent experience, show evidence of experience of operating HR information systems and producing management information reports, and excellent demonstrable skills in organisation and prioritisation of a busy workload, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
The post is offered as a maternity cover for up to 12 months, and is available from 31st July 2023. You will be based in the Department of Physiology Anatomy & Genetics, Sherrington Building, Sherrington Road, Oxford OX1 3PT.
The closing date for applications is midday on Wednesday 21st June. Interviews are likely to be held in the week commencing 26th June 2023.
Applications for internal secondment opportunities are also encouraged.
While this is a full-time role, we welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements.
Applications are particularly welcome from women, black and minority ethnic candidates who are under-represented in academic posts in Oxford.
We, as a Department and Community, will be considerate and welcoming of all people, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. We acknowledge societal inequalities and how these impact us, and those around us, personally and professionally.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.