Easton's Group of Hotels Inc.
Looking for a career change? Join one of Canada’s most successful and multicultural Hospitality companies, that strives to take your talent to the next level. With 19 hotels owned and managed by Easton’s Group of Hotels, and a further 6 in development, your passion, collaboration, and voice will be an excellent addition to our growing Organization. As a company, we strive to provide exceptional benefits, perks, and growth opportunities to all our employees.
If you have a passion for exceptional service delivery, are results driven and appreciate the recognition, Easton’s is your career partner of choice.
The Easton’s team believes that excellence is achievable only in an environment that embraces and promotes Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I). Our company is challenging the way we work, think, and develop an inclusive workplace. Our commitment to ED&I allows us to achieve our vision and mission and ensure a more equitable future for all.
About the Hotels:
Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal: The Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal Airport is a 162 All Suites, full-service hotel, owned and operated by Easton’s Group of Hotels. A Montreal Airport Hotel with a full-service Restaurant and Bar “Rendez-Vous De L’Ouest” and two meeting rooms, within walking distance from Fairview shopping mall and many restaurants in the area. Ideal for long-term stays and large groups, as well as very corporate-oriented.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Wellness Days
- Employee Social Events
- On-Site Parking
- Career Development
- Hotel Discounts at Hilton Properties
Check-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner; process all payments according to established procedures to ensure guest satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location; prepares for group check in and out and VIP arrivals; becomes informed of events/ functions in the hotel during the shift. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests; promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets; provides guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase satisfaction. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
- In carrying out your duties you will follow all Company and Brand Standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office area
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.