Bellevue College, the biggest personal, non-profit College in Nebraska, seeks a full-time college member to fill an open Sociology place within the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. This place will train and oversee the sociology curriculum and choose programs in tradition and geography.
The best candidate can have educational credentials in sociology. Educational or skilled experience in geography, tradition, and/or interdisciplinary research is a plus. The candidate ought to have expertise in instructing (residentially and on-line) and curriculum design. Expertise instructing in open-access establishments is a plus.
Extra tasks embody the follow of steady high quality enchancment in instructing, course design, and enhancing course persistence in assigned programs with first-generation, at-risk college students in thoughts. Lastly, the place will likely be chargeable for adjunct hiring, supervision, and administrative duties.
- Educate quite a lot of sociology programs, in addition to programs associated to the sphere on-line and residentially.
- Actively have interaction with college students and supply constructive suggestions on assignments.
- Encourage college students to take part in all elements of the academic course of.
- Oversee normal training sociology and choose tradition and geography programs with excessive course persistence and stable studying final result outcomes.
- Strategically plan curriculum growth and scheduling of assigned programs.
- Recruit, handle, and mentor adjunct college for assigned programs.
- Develop and preserve curricula in each on-line and classroom codecs for assigned programs.
- Yearly full program evaluation, contribute to normal training evaluation studies as wanted and actively take part in committee/neighborhood service.
- Different duties as assigned by the Dean or President.
- A grasp’s diploma in Sociology is required, with a Ph.D. most well-liked.
- A minimal of three (3) years of instructing expertise, notably on-line, is most well-liked.
- Proof of profitable instructing expertise is required.
- Robust curiosity in or expertise with first-generation, first-year, and at-risk college students is a plus.
- Expertise in curriculum design is desired. A dedication to the event and supply of on-line programs is extremely fascinating.
NOTE: The statements above are meant to explain the final nature and stage of labor concerned for this job. It’s not an exhaustive record of all tasks, duties and abilities required of this job. This doc doesn’t create an employment contract, implied or in any other case, apart from an “at will” relationship.
The Greater Training Alternative Act requires establishments collaborating in federally funded monetary help packages to make details about the establishment obtainable to the general public, present and potential college students, and present and potential workers. The Bellevue College Client Info webpage, discovered at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information , offers readily accessible data to assist shoppers make knowledgeable choices about post-secondary training. Bellevue College’s Annual Safety and Hearth Security Report (ASR), discovered at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf , offers details about campus crime statistics and institutional safety insurance policies and procedures in addition to details about scholar housing fireplace statistics and fireplace security insurance policies. You’ll be able to acquire a paper copy of those studies from the Bellevue Dean of College students workplace by calling 402-557-7028. Along with this, Bellevue College is an Equal Alternative Employer .
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.