Fundraising Operations Support Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £26,263 + £4000 London Weighting per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 25 June 2023
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 39 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters. In the UK, IRW has a partner whose main role is to raise funds, raise awareness, carry out advocacy and support domestic programmes: this partner is called Islamic Relief UK (IRUK).
Islamic Relief UK (IRUK) is actively recruiting for the position of ‘Fundraising Operations Support Officer’ to be based from its Waterloo Office, London. The organisation is currently operating to a hybrid working model.
Purpose of the role:
- To provide a comprehensive operational and administrative support service to the Community Fundraising team.
- To establish and maintain effective communication with all regional fundraising teams and other functions of IRUK.
- To provide support to fundraising activities, projects and partnerships to help ensure that maximum income is received.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Proven experience in working in a similar role managing day-to-day administrative and operational tasks
- Experience planning, prioritising and working to tight timescales
- Experience in multi-tasking and working on various projects at one time
- Experience of setting up and maintaining management information and data retrieval systems and CRM databases such as Raisers Edge
- Experience of diary and correspondence management
- Experience of maintaining financial records
- Experience using project management tools such as Asana or Trello
- Experience supporting a large, widespread and remote team
- Degree level qualifications or equivalent
- Strong initiative and the ability to understand departmental needs and move forward with them
- High levels of computer literacy
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge and understanding of using relationship management database software
- Collating data and producing reports
- Work effectively on own initiative and as part of a team, without close supervision
- Strong motivation and empathy towards the aims and objective of the organisation
- Numerical skills, the ability to work accurately under pressure and pay attention to detail
- Ability to represent Islamic Relief in a wide range of situations
- Able to demonstrate a consistent approach to others with confidence and integrity
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place at the beginning of July, 2023.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer