Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking a Gender Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded Bureau for Democracy, Development, and Innovation (DDI) Building Evidence for Decision-Making (BE4D) Activity. The activity will incentivize evidence use for decision-making via high-quality MEL and collaboration, learning, and adaptive management (CLA) related services for the USAID Bureau for DDI, as well as other Operating Units (OUs) with whom DDI partners. This evidence may also be used by and benefit local actors and implementing partners. The Gender Advisor shall provide technical subject matter expertise on gender equality and women’s empowerment so as to integrate these approaches into the program cycle in coordination with an Activity Manager from the Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Hub.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support gender-sensitive performance monitoring, integrating gender and other subpopulations into evaluation designs as relevant;
- Support with designing and implementing gender-sensitive evaluations and/or evaluations of gender equality and women’s empowerment programs;
- Integrating gender into activity/project/program monitoring, evaluation and learning plans;
- identifying best practices for integrating gender throughout the program cycle;
- Monitor broader gender equality and women’s empowerment trends at the Agency and beyond so that best practices feed into this mechanism;
- Share relevant knowledge from gender integration best practices from the mechanism with others at the Agency and beyond.
- At least 8 years of experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment programming are preferred;
- An advanced degree in a relevant field such as monitoring and evaluation, women’s studies, gender studies, or international development and at least 8 years of technical monitoring and evaluation experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing monitoring plans, learning agendas, and/or evaluations;
- Demonstrated experience with gender-sensitive performance monitoring including but not limited to development of gender-sensitive custom indicators, indicator reviews, and trend analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to foster transparency and trust with any other partners;
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, such as demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences;
- Demonstrated excellent written and spoken English language skills;
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work collaboratively and engage effectively in a team environment.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on globalvacancies.org
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.