Save the Youngsters Worldwide has an thrilling alternative so that you can be a part of our workforce because the World Humanitarian Adviser Little one Rights, Participation & Accountability to Youngsters & Communities in the UK (London or Distant) or any present Save the Youngsters Worldwide Regional or Nation workplace worldwide. Link to website
Save the Youngsters is dedicated to uphold little one rights by placing kids and communities on the centre of our work in in humanitarian setting guaranteeing real accountability to these we serve throughout disaster.
This function will lead organisational efforts to remodel accountability to communities inside each our humanitarian responses and wider programmes. The core job of the place is to coordinate the event and/or supply of coverage, technique, technical recommendation, and capability strengthening on accountability to communities, utilizing a rights-based strategy. Throughout the Humanitarian Rights and Reform pillar, this function may even contribute to a imaginative and prescient for transformative motion on key areas of humanitarian reform. Working collaboratively inside Save the Youngsters and throughout the sector, this function will search to strengthen accountability each internally and throughout the sector, serving to to ascertain Save the Youngsters as a sector chief on accountability to kids.
Within the occasion of a serious humanitarian emergency, the function holder will likely be anticipated to work outdoors the conventional function profile and be capable of range working hours accordingly.
In an effort to achieve success you’ll carry/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Important expertise working immediately in humanitarian responses together with in complicated contexts to design, implement and consider programmes.
- Expertise working in Save the Youngsters with identified skill to work throughout a community of worldwide stakeholders to advance accountability to communities.
- Important expertise in organising accountability methods in responses, together with suggestions mechanisms and data sharing processes utilizing multi-modal approaches.
- Expertise in designing, managing, and supporting others to implement significant and moral little one participation in several levels of the programme and response cycle (wants evaluation and evaluation, design and planning, implementation, M&E and advocacy).
- Expertise incorporating kids’s intersectionality into humanitarian programmes.
- Information of and adherence to the humanitarian requirements (Sphere, CHS and so forth) and demonstrable expertise implementing them in apply
- Understanding of how accountability to communities helps safety from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), safeguarding and secure programming.
- Information of coverage, analysis, and evidence-based methodologies on the subject of accountability to communities, and related little one centered programming.
- Creativity, problem-solving skill, vitality and the drive to create change in a big complicated organisation, whereas consistently adapting approaches.
- Extremely developed interpersonal and communication expertise together with influencing, inspiring, negotiation and training – skill to work with all ranges from CEO to junior workers and throughout all capabilities.
- Dedication to supporting range and inclusion inside Save the Youngsters.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- The capability and willingness to be versatile in tough and generally insecure working circumstances.
Further languages, significantly French, Spanish and/or Arabic.
We are able to supply the choice of versatile working hours.
This function might be based mostly within the UK (London or Distant) or any present Save the Youngsters Worldwide Regional or Nation workplace location on approval, supplied the profitable candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the popular location in the course of the contract.
Nationwide Phrases & Situations (together with pay and advantages) will apply to the nation you’re based mostly in.
The place we Work – Where We Work Save the Children International
We make use of roughly 25,000 folks throughout the globe and work on the bottom in over 100 international locations to assist kids affected by crises, or those who want higher healthcare, schooling and little one safety. We additionally marketing campaign and advocate on the highest ranges to grasp the suitable of youngsters and to make sure their voices are heard.
We’re working in the direction of three breakthroughs in how the world treats kids by 2030:
- No little one dies from preventable causes earlier than their fifth birthday
- All kids be taught from a top quality fundamental schooling and that,
- Violence in opposition to kids is not tolerated
We all know that nice folks make an excellent group, and that our workers play a vital function in serving to us obtain our ambitions for youngsters. We worth our folks and supply a significant and rewarding profession, together with a collaborative and inclusive atmosphere the place ambition, creativity, and integrity are extremely valued.
How you can apply
Please connect a duplicate of your CV and canopy letter together with your utility, and embrace particulars of your wage expectations. A full copy of the function profile might be discovered at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We have to preserve kids secure so our choice course of, which incorporates rigorous background checks, displays our dedication to the safety of youngsters from abuse.
All workers are anticipated to hold out their duties in accordance with our international anti-harassment coverage.
Save the Youngsters doesn’t cost a charge at any stage of the recruitment course of.