University of Alaska
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
– Advanced level of verbal and written communications.
– Ability to work independently and under pressure with multiple tasks and deadlines.
– Ability to effectively communicate with faculty, administrators and staff in a professional manner.
– Ability to interpret and apply complex polices, rules, and regulations.
– Must have critical thinking and analysis skills in complex situations.
– The nature of this position requires independent judgment and decision making, emotional intelligence, research and critical analysis, and problem-solving skills. By using knowledge of university operations, this position must use foresight to identify complex issues, research issues, problem solve, and determine necessary actions.
– The incumbent must discern and interpret information from multiple sources including Board of Regents Policy, Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement, UAA and Governance policies, procedures, University regulations and other communications to ensure faculty and staff compliance.
– Three years progressive experience at a higher educational institution or a similar professional environment.
– Experience working independently; organizing and prioritizing workload, working cooperatively with others.
– Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills; with some experience in a leadership or project management role.
Required Education or Training:
– High School graduation or an Associate’s degree with three years of progressively responsible office/administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
– Bachelor’s degree preferred.
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package . New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule , Grade 78, based on education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
Applications will be accepted for review on March 29, 2023, to ensure consideration, please apply by 11:55 PM, Alaska Standard Time on DAY BEFORE REVIEW DATE March 28, 2023.
*This recruitment is open internally to current UA employees or those otherwise eligible to apply to internal postings.
**To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Helen Sale, Shared Services HR Coordinator, at (907) 786-6885
Advertised:16 Mar 2023 Alaskan Daylight Time
Applications close:Open until filled
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.