EPISCOPAL COMMUNITY SERVICES (ECS)
Under the general direction of the Director of Development, the Grants Manager is responsible for researching, preparing, submitting, and tracking government and foundation proposals for all programs and operating needs of ECS. The Grants Manager serves as the primary grant writer; will prepare written materials for fundraising and stewardship with foundations and corporations; and cultivate and steward relationships with prospective, current and past funders to ensure strong partnerships are developed and maintained. This position requires strong writing, data analysis, project management skills, with an emphasis on outcome measurement. This team member will work closely with the members of the Development, Programs, Finance and Communications teams to execute the strategic goals of the agency.
Lead grant proposal development and submission—preparing and organizing materials for proposals, and submitting and monitoring grant applications, including:
- Researching new funding and development opportunities on a local, state, and federal level to support the agency’s strategic goals
- Maintaining and building relationships with funders and other strategic partners
- Drafting proposals/LOIs, grant application narratives and other materials with collaboration from program staff, finance, and the Executive Director
- Efficiently and effectively submitting high quality proposals and requests for funding in response to funder specifications (as published in Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Notices of Fund Availability (NOFAs), Funding Guidelines and other similar mechanisms used by funders to publicize grant specifications and requirements) by established deadlines
- Meeting with funders and ECS staff to explore funding opportunities and fulfill site visit requirements
- Communicating in clear and concise written language the requirements and restrictions associated with specific contract and grant funding
- Monitoring grant funded program operations to verify and document that awarded grant expenditures are following all applicable grant contract requirements, restrictions, laws and regulations; and achieve the goals and outcomes mandated by the grant contract and all applicable laws and regulations
- Maintaining master calendar of grants and prospects and all associated files and correspondence
- Maintaining library of grant support documents including resumes, bios, IRS forms, Board/staff lists, etc.;
- Executing thank you letters and facilitate grant contracts/agreements
- Preparing high-quality, comprehensive reports detailing the impact of the funds received
Maintain grant compliance and reporting, including outcome measurement and grant budgets—taking responsibility for meeting high standards of effectiveness, timeliness, and completeness, including:
- Monitoring and maintaining funder and investor reporting schedules and requirements;
- Tracking progress toward organizational and programmatic outcomes and goals;
- Drafting compelling progress reports and targeted program updates (e.g. blog posts, press releases, FB and twitter posts) to funders that fully capture programmatic success;
- Assembling all necessary supporting materials and documents including budget reports, outcome measurements, success stories, etc.; submit reports to funders and investors.
- Researching statistics, trends and data for grant proposals and community advocacy, including:
- Performing research and data-gathering—both from external sources and internal program data
- Helping develop meaningful statistical datapoints for funders
- Assisting in development of presentations for various stakeholders
Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management team members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
Systems: Knowledge of current computer and software, ability to learn new electronic systems; develop skills to effectively use information systems and applications in analysis, research and reporting activities and effectively use these systems in analysis, research and reporting activities.
People skills: Knowledge of principles and processes for leading a diverse staff and providing services. This includes understanding the needs of donors, clients, staff, and vendors and ability to respond to those needs. Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Communications: Solid written and oral skills to sufficiently compose written documents and to clearly communicate concepts and procedures to individuals at various organizational levels.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Time Management and Organizational skills: Effective time management skills to organize and prioritize workload, foresee problem areas, and seek immediate action. Strong organizational skills to manage numerous grant applications.
Learning: Ability to learn, adapt, and adjust to changing compliance policy procedure regulations to stay current with professional expectations in funding and grant administration.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or related field or three (3) years of progressive grant writing responsibility in a non-profit organization. Contract and grant experience (government and foundation).
OTHER/SPECIAL: Ability to pass a physical examination, tuberculin skin test, alcohol and drugs, including marijuana. Fingerprint clearance and criminal check required. Free from exclusion and debarment. Verification of current driver’s license and automobile insurance required for personal car usage. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination, including booster is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,702.00 – $72,128.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.