Full Time Permanent
£54,421 – £63,059 per annum
About The Job
Interview Date: 13 July 2023
The Head of Change and Relationship Management leads technology-enabled change across the university. The post holder will ensure that IT change is focused on the needs of staff and students and designed to attract high rates of adoption to gain the best value for the organisation. They will lead a team of project managers and IT Business Partners in providing a strong, customer focused change, project and relationship management service to the university.
They will take overall responsibility for the successful delivery of a large, multi-million pound portfolio of project and programmes, working in collaboration with our customers across the University, and with third party suppliers, to deliver new and enhanced IT solutions in the delivery of the University’s strategic objectives. They will develop a change delivery framework that effectively manages the end to end process from idea through to project through to operation.
We want you to be able to carry out your work in a way that best supports UON and our students, but also you as an individual. We understand this may vary between different areas of the university as well as from one person to another. The Smarter Working arrangements for IT Services allow non-frontline staff to work two days in the office and three days remotely, if you would like to, providing increased flexibility, greater freedom and autonomy.
- Be able to demonstrate examples of implementing successful and enduring change initiatives in an organisation comprising diverse stakeholders with dissimilar priorities and requirements
- Significant experience of working and influencing cross functionality and managing internal stakeholders, team members, and external agencies
- Excellent organisational ability, first class verbal and written communication skills, and ability to engage appropriately to strategic, technical and operational stakeholder groups
- Experience of working and influencing cross-functionally, and at a senior level, managing internal stakeholders, team members, and external agencies
- People Leadership experience and capabilities, including mentoring, coaching and people development. Experience of designing and delivering training, mentoring, advice and guidance to junior and senior team members
- Understanding and experience of regulatory obligations around change management
- Demonstrate an understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Ability to identify and undertake vital conversations appropriately
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop professional relationships and rapport amongst colleagues, staff and students
- Excellent influencing skills in order to enhance the credibility of the function amongst key stakeholders
- Strategic thinking with ability to formulate strategies that are achievable, cost effective, and address organisational goals, either by themselves or in coordination with other strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities, with the drive and articulacy to influence strategically, technically and operationally-focused colleagues
- Excellent customer service skills sufficient to understand and deliver an exceptional service to both staff and student
- Attention to detail, with a logical and methodical working practice
- Ability to work effectively through change and ambiguity
- Ability to adapt to technological advances in the workplace
- Ability to adapt to organisational change
- Persuasion and negotiation skills
- Educated to Bachelors/ Advanced degree level
- Qualified to at least PRINCE2 Practitioner level
The IT Services department comprises circa. 75 staff, divided into 5 teams, and runs the information and technology services of the university. The teams include:
- Customer Services and Support
- Technology Operations
- Application Services
- Cyber Security
- Change and Relationship Management
Come to the University of Northampton and you will see that we do things a bit differently.
We are one of the youngest universities in the UK but we are already leading the way in adding value to society, which we call social impact. We have won multiple awards for our work in this area, among others, but what matters the most to us is ensuring that our students and graduates have the opportunity to make their mark on the world too. That’s why we were the first university in the UK to be named as a Changemaker Campus in 2012.
We want to break the mould of what Higher Education can be. This has led us to build a whole new University from the ground up that is designed to reflect the way that students actually learn rather than the way they are expected to learn. Waterside Campus opened in September 2018.
Our commitment to transforming lives and inspiring change is at the heart of all that we do.
Right To Work
All candidates will be asked to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
The University of Northampton is committed to providing a vibrant, ethical and sustainable work, study and living environment that values equality, diversity and inclusion.
This commitment, along with our legal and moral obligations, provides an inclusive environment for staff, students and the public who may be affected by our activities.
Together @ UON confirms our commitment to equality and inclusion, underpinned by our belief in taking action. We are dedicated to creating an environment that celebrates equality and harnesses the power of diversity.
Together @ UON demonstrates our pledge to our staff, students and partners to nurture and develop an environment where equality and inclusion can thrive whilst we Transform Lives and Inspire Change
To find out more, please visit: https://www.northampton.ac.uk/about-us/governance-and-management/management/equality-and-diversity/
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.