Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have substantial international HR & development experience at strategic and operational level?
Do you have experience of managing performance of others and helping people to develop, grow and achieve their potential?
Do you have experience of implementing culture change programmes and/or embedding of diversity & inclusion within an organisation?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
As a head of international HR, you will provide strategic clarity, co-herence, and oversight across all OGB HR teams who are providing people and culture support to country programme teams where OGB provides operational support and OGB divisional colleagues who are based outside of the UK.
You will also work closely with our HR colleagues across the confederation in support of our aims for harmonization, collaboration and confederation development
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to our feminist principles and values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- Substantial international HR & development experience at strategic and operational level (gained in a medium/ large organization) including strategic business partnership, recruitment, performance management, change management, talent management, D&I, Organisational Development, learning & development, reward, and employee relations.
- Experience of managing performance of others and helping people to develop, grow and achieve their potential, including increasing diversity and building an inclusive culture in teams and / or workplaces.
- Pragmatic and solutions focussed, with an ability to enable organisational effectiveness whilst taking account of HR policies and practices.
- Experience of implementing culture change programmes and / or embedding of diversity & inclusion within an organisation.
- A thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of HR Management.
- Proven experience of complex change management practice.
- A role model for wellbeing and resilience.
We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
Flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. The working base and country of employment would be restricted to locations where Oxfam GB (OGB) is registered as a legal entity.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.