Are you an experienced HR professional interested in joining an award-winning HR consulting firm? Do you thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, and challenging work environment? We want to talk to you!
The Human Resources Director provides strategic human resources leadership to advance the effectiveness and engagement of our client’s workforce. As a Director (referred internally as Senior People and Culture Partner), you will support our clients with strategic planning, complex workplace issues, and large-scale HR initiatives. Bringing a high-level of expertise in all aspects of human resources, you see the big picture, understand current and future needs, build relationships, and identify opportunities for increased collaboration. Internally, you will join a team of experts who provide fellow team members with mentorship, supporting them through challenging client situations.
Some of the work you’ll be doing includes:
- Supporting clients in areas related to developing HR strategies, coaching on complex HR challenges, managing employee relations, supporting performance management, conducting workplace investigations, managing leaves and accommodations, and developing full-scale HR systems and frameworks.
- Implementing and/or recommending solutions that articulate the root cause of the issue, instilling a sense of calm and resolution for the client.
- Writing thorough and professional reports, proposals, and documents associated with client projects.
- Leading and executing on a variety of HR projects, including developing project plans, reporting on progress, managing project hours and timelines, and handling client expectations.
- Contributing to the development of Engaged HR processes and systems.
- Supporting business development activities that promote Engaged HR and our services.
To thrive in this role please bring with you:
- Post-secondary degree, preferably from an HR or business program.
- CPHR designation (or equivalent).
- 7+ years of HR generalist experience with at least 2 years of senior HR management or HR director-level experience.
- Generalist experience in all areas of the employee lifecycle at both a tactical and a strategic level.
- Solutions-focused strategic mindset and can navigate difficult conversations.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Like to laugh, have fun and work collaboratively with your team!
- This is a hybrid work-from-home/office position.
- Limited travel is required in and around BC, primarily in the Greater Victoria area.
- Occasional evening work, Monday – Friday, may be required.
Who we are:
Engaged HR is an HR consulting firm that is dedicated to transforming workplaces. We offer a range of consulting and training services, and our team serves hundreds of organizations throughout the country. Our clients include small and large organizations across a variety of industries in not-for-profit, public, and private sectors, with both unionized and non-unionized environments.
We love what we do and if you love HR, you will love working with us!
Please send your resume and cover letter describing what makes you a perfect fit for our team by clicking apply.
To view the full job description for this position, please click here.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.