University of Manchester
About IT Services
IT Services at The University of Manchester is a diverse, fast-moving department that provides the technology that helps the University further its world-leading reputation. We’re currently looking to recruit a new Network Architect to join us on our journey. Find out more about our organisation and values:
The division of Information Security and Identity and Access Management (IS and IDAM) is accountable for the cyber security operations across all areas of the University and its international centres. The division is comprised of two departments: Cyber Security Operations and Identity and Access Management.
The Identity and Access Management (IDAM) Policy, Governance and Delivery Manager is a new role for ITS. It is accountable for the development and implementation of the governance, policies and standards related to identity and access management for the University. The role will determine the governance requirements for IDAM, as well as communicate its benefits, opportunities and risks. The IDAM Policy, Governance and Delivery Manager will be expected to build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and keep them informed as the IDAM service evolves.
You’ll have experience of developing and implementing an identity and access management governance model. You will be capable of reviewing and challenging existing policies and standards to ensure a more secure and robust means of managing identity and access to University systems. You will possess experience of delivering strategic IDAM projects, including capturing requirements and helping the team to prioritise change activities alongside baseline and service improvement work.
You’ll also have:
- Significant experience working in an information security context and delivering a portfolio of IDAM change projects.
- An ability to establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- An excellent understanding of information security, risk management, IS frameworks and governance best practices.
- A good knowledge of IT security and access management technologies (e.g. SSO, ADFS, MFA, etc.)
- Some experience or knowledge of the technologies and tools used to manage identity and access management.
What can you expect in return
Our diverse job opportunities all include a top benefits package that includes many features that are hard to find in the private sector:
- Generous annual leave allowance, including Christmas/New Year closure and Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme membership to provide benefits for you and your family
- Well-being programme with counselling, fitness and leading sports facilities
- Learning and development opportunities
- Season ticket loans for public transport
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Workplace nursery scheme
- Staff recognition schemes
- Staff discounts on a range of products and services including travel and high street savings.
In fact, there are so many benefits available you can see more of them by clicking here .
The closing date for applications is 12 June 2023.
Hays Technology is acting as an employment advisor to The University of Manchester.
Applications should consist of:
- An up-to-date CV
- A covering letter, detailing why you feel you are a suitable candidate for the post, your motivations for applying and why you want to work for the University of Manchester
- All candidates applying will need to complete an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This will assist us in monitoring selection decisions to assess whether equality of opportunity is being achieved. Information collated from the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form will not be used as part of the selection process and will be treated as strictly confidential.
Completed applications should be submitted through the Hays recruitment microsite: https://microcontrib.hays.com/web/manchester-university/
When completing the additional information section of your application, please ensure you make reference to the job description and person specification above, as this will form an integral part of the shortlisting process.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit
Our University is positive about flexible working – you can find out more here
Blended working arrangements may be considered
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Email: [email protected]
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date.
Please see the link below for the Further Particulars document which contains the person specification criteria.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.