KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), and related health problems like HIV, antimicrobial resistance, and COVID-19. Tuberculosis is the deadliest infectious disease in the world after COVID-19. Being an international knowledge center, KNCV promotes effective, efficient, innovative and situation specific strategies and solutions to eliminate TB and related health problems in a national and international context.
Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as quantitative and qualitative research; programmatic prevention and management of TB and related health problems; new diagnostics, drugs, and regimens; clinical management, patient support and stigma reduction; laboratory technologies and networks; education; mobile and digital health solutions and surveillance; strategic planning and advocacy; communication and project management.
For over a century KNCV worked tirelessly to improve the lives of those affected by TB, with a leading role in the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, exchanging knowledge and expertise with other countries. KNCV is a global network organization, consisting of our global office in The Hague, the Netherlands, eight branch offices and four countries based KNCV entities in East, South and Central Asia and Africa. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government sources.
On the journey towards TB Elimination, in 2020 KNCV has defined nine innovation pathways and pursues the development, demonstration and scale-up of innovations as well as existing strategies that can accelerate elimination of TB and related health problems around the world. To do so, KNCV generates evidence, supports global and in-country policy making as well as strategic planning and supports the development of supportive systems.
Purpose of the job
This position builds on KNCV’s ongoing work of supporting national TB programs with implementation of modelling in the development, updating, scenario optimization, and costing of national strategic plans. More recently, KNCV has embarked on further developing the modelling landscape toward availing simplified and user-friendly options in support of decentralizing the modelling capacity to settings where it is most needed. The objective of the Infectious Disease Modeller position is to further strengthen KNCV’s modelling capacity in line with the needs of national TB programs.
Position in organization
The Infectious Disease Modeler will report directly to the Team Lead, Evidence, and Impact Team, and will collaborate with Infectious Disease Modelling consultants and staff working in health systems strengthening and national strategic planning processes.
The Infectious Disease Modeler will have the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Assessing the modelling needs of national TB programs in collaboration with key stakeholders in the respective countries;
- Coordinate country-level capacity building including training of a new generation of country/region-based modelers in collaboration with other experts in the field;
- Provide hands-on support to national TB programs in the calibration and application of the TIME model;
- Coordinate further development and field-testing of the End-TB model;
- Build the capacity of countries in undertaking data consolidation and synthesis, feeding into globally recommended frameworks including the people-centred framework;
- Facilitate the use of consolidated data and modelling outputs to inform the national strategic plans;
- Support countries with the use of globally recommended costing tools and approaches, and scenario optimization.
The position will require travel abroad.
Master’s degree in health-related area.
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with the application of TIME modelling and related costing tools (with documented proof);
- Minimum of seven years of experience in TB program support in a high TB burden setting, in more than one country;
- Experience with the application of the PCF approach is a requirement;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and one other language.
- Excellent data analysis and presentation skills;
- Experience with the use of programming tools;
- Knowledge of the mathematics of dynamical systems.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 1-year contract with extension possibility;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
How to apply
You can apply for this position, including a motivation letter, via https://www.kncvtbc.org/en/vacancy/infectious-disease-modeler/ before 29 June 2023.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HR Team in The Netherlands: +31(0)70-41672222 or mail to [email protected].