Who we are
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people’s lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
This role will be located at Bixal’s offices in Fairfax, VA and Washington, DC, with the option for partial remote work. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Bixal does not provide visa sponsorship.
What will you do?
The International Program Manager provides support to enable the success of Bixal’s international programs. This position works closely with and supports the Senior Director of Global Operations to execute Bixal’s strategic plan, ensuring excellence in international program implementation through the development and enhancement of global programs and operations. This position will
- Serve as main point of contact and project manager on a portfolio of overseas country offices and/or complex international development projects, including USAID contracts.
- Coordinate between country office and home office teams to promote operational efficiency and adherence to organizational best practices, including support for contract administration, procurements, and logistics.
- Ensure all activities and operations maintain compliance with contractual and governmental rules and regulations, including local laws.
- Actively engage in problem-solving, risk identification, and risk mitigation during project implementation.
- Support recruiting and onboarding activities to ensure project resourcing needs are met.
- Facilitate communication/collaboration between clients, staff, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Manage project budgets, budget monitoring, and client financial reporting in collaboration with the Finance unit and project teams.
- Draft, execute, and manage consultant, subcontractor, and other vendor contracts.
- Coordinate inputs across teams for contract reporting requirements (financial and narrative).
- Contribute to development of project deliverables, including work plans or service requests as applicable, and provide quality assurance/editing on documents and reports prior to submission.
- Provide inputs and recommendations to develop, refine, and improve global systems and processes, in coordination with other Bixal units (i.e., Finance, People & Culture, Operations, Security, etc.)
- Support new business and proposal development by writing inputs for technical proposals, reviewing draft proposals, and coordinating with finance team to develop proposal budgets.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, or related subject
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant professional work experience, including demonstrated experience managing large-scale USAID contracts
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills, including expert cross-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior management and organizational skills
- Proven track record of proactive risk management and mitigation
- Strong cultural competence and ability to work flexible hours to accommodate clients or consultants in other time zones
- Deep knowledge of USAID government/donor contracting practices and regulations
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas for short-term assignments, such as country office set-up and close-out, up to 15% of the time
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on multiple tasks
- Willingness to learn
- A commitment to contributing to a diverse and inclusive work environment
Nice to haves:
- Professional proficiency in a foreign language highly preferred
- Experience implementing Agile methodologies and adoption of the mindset
- Experience in human-centered design principles
$94,000 – $100,000 a year
Perks & benefits
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Flex Spending Account
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
11 Paid holidays
Professional development opportunities
New business referral bonus
Bixal is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.