University of Manchester
About IT Services
IT Services at the University of Manchester is a vibrant and fast-moving department, we focus on delivering excellent customer service and quality services for our staff, students and researchers.
IT Services is looking for an experienced IT Operational Risk Analyst. Working with colleagues in ITS services and stakeholders across the institution, you will be responsible for supporting the identification and evaluation of IT risks and issues. You will also be expected to support with department or University-wide audits and review and report on matters relating to Risk & Compliance within IT Services.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Expertise in the methods and techniques for the identification, assessment and management of IT risk including safety-related risks.
- Familiar with principles, practices, tools and techniques of IT auditing and experience in supporting organisational and/or technical audits.
- Technically current, with an up-to-date understanding of technology trends and directions across the industry.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to effectively communicate IT risks and their potential impact to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What can you expect in return
Our diverse job opportunities all include a top benefits package that includes many features that are hard to find in the private sector:
- Generous annual leave allowance, including Christmas/New Year closure;
- Pension scheme membership to provide benefits for you and your family;
- Well-being programme with counselling, fitness and leading sports facilities;
- Learning and development opportunities;
- Season ticket loans for public transport;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Workplace nursery scheme;
- Staff recognition schemes;
- Staff discounts on a range of products and services including travel and high street savings.
In fact, there are so many benefits available you can see more of them by clicking HERE
Find out more about our organisation and values:
When completing the additional information section of your application, please ensure you make reference to the job description and person specification above, as this will form an integral part of the shortlisting process.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit
Our University is positive about flexible working – you can find out more here
Blended working arrangements may be considered
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date.
Please see the link below for the Further Particulars document which contains the person specification criteria.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.