Junior Press Officer
BUSINESSEUROPE IS THE LEADING ADVOCATE FOR GROWTH AND COMPETITIVENESS AT EUROPEAN LEVEL, STANDING UP FOR COMPANIES ACROSS THE CONTINENT AND CAMPAIGNING ON THE ISSUES THAT MOST INFLUENCE THEIR PERFORMANCE. A RECOGNISED SOCIAL PARTNER, WE SPEAK FOR ALL-SIZED ENTERPRISES IN 35 EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WHOSE NATIONAL BUSINESS FEDERATIONS ARE OUR DIRECT MEMBERS.
BUSINESSEUROPE SEEKS TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSITION: JUNIOR PRESS OFFICER FOR ITS COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT.
You are a dynamic communication professional interested in further boosting the visibility of a strong brand with upward potential? You are thrilled by the enormous potential lying in the communication network of BusinessEurope and its member federations across Europe?
Then you could be the missing member of a dynamic team and support our Director of Communications in securing media attention for BUSINESSEUROPE’s policy recommendations and activities, developing our media strategy, establishing and maintaining contacts with Brussels-based international press, organising and preparing press conferences or events and interviews for BUSINESSEUROPE’s President and Director General, drafting press releases, articles and speeches, setting up press activities linked to BUSINESSEUROPE’s events, including media partnerships.
CANDIDATES FOR THIS POST SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING PROFILE:
- You have a university degree, preferably in Political or Economic Sciences or in Communication;
- You have at least 2 to 3 years of professional experience as press officer or reporting on European affairs;
- You have experience in drafting press releases, press articles and speeches;
- You have a good understanding of the functioning of EU Institutions;
- You have excellent analytical skills and the ability to assimilate various aspects of an issue rapidly;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You have a perfect command of English (native or equivalent). A good knowledge of French and/or of other European languages is an asset;
- You are proficient in IT tools (Office, Internet, social media, video conference systems);
- You have a dynamic personality and are capable of working in a team;
- You are well organised, flexible and able to work under pressure.
Closing date for applications: 2 April 2023
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter of application and full curriculum vitae to:
Magali Janson, Human Resources Manager
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.