We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Kitchen professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Sous Chef you are responsible for the smooth operation of the main / outlet kitchen with emphasis on quality, presentation within the guidelines of the standardized menus and employee training, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Supervise the main / outlet kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s SOPs and standardized menu guidelines
• Monitor regular standards of production to ensure highest level of quality
• Monitor all aspects pertaining to the control of the hotel’s food cost
• Participate in the drafting of concept ideas and menus for all special events and functions while encouraging all employees to put forward their ideas and utilizing them wherever practical
• Ensure HACCP standards are implemented and follow the appropriate hygiene standards as per Municipality requirements at all times
• Ensure consistent on the job training session for culinary colleagues and promote health & safety
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and at least three years experiences in quality establishments along with excellent culinary skills. The ability to communicate well in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is an essential.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be positively spirited and passionate about food and be committed to work together with the service team to deliver an amazing guest experiences every time. You will demonstrate energy and enthusiasm at work, be customer driven, ‘hands on’ and organized. You portray a strong, firm and fair effective leadership style and have proven the ability to work in a multicultural environment and under difficult condition, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.