Natural Resources Wales
Carbon Permitting Lead Specialist Advisor
- Closing date: 30 March 2023
- Location: Flexible
- Salary: £41,150 – £46,147 (Grade 7)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours
- Post number: 201584
This role sits within the Industry and Waste Regulation / Carbon permitting team dealing with a
range of permit applications, compliance and enforcement related carbon trading schemes. We’re
looking for a hard-working individual to join a busy team. If you have experience of managing a
process and working to deadlines, if you’re a team player, have a high level of administrative
and analytical skills and can evaluate complex applications we would welcome your application.
You are expected to have knowledge of greenhouse gas emissions trading scheme permits, policy
and legislation, ETSWAP system, compliance and enforcement procedures and a record of dealing
with the industry and using a variety of software packages or databases.
- Substantial experience of managing the assessment of highly complex, politically sensitive
UK Emission Trading Scheme permit applications, including interaction with government
organisations and members of the public, within your specialised area.
- Substantial working knowledge of the technologies used and the environmental protection
methodologies relevant to the UK Emissions Trading Scheme, Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme.
- Advanced and specialist understanding of specific legislation and associated Directives and
how they relate to the permitting process.
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong customer focussed approach to delivery.
- You will be expected to keep up to date with changing regulatory policy and proposed
changes to legislation via membership of a relevant professional body or other equivalent
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.