About The DO
The DO empowers people to take action and create positive impact in their companies, their communities and the wider world. It is home to The DO Group, The DO School and The DO Community, as well as a virtual community of top leaders, experts and innovators from around the world.
At The DO Group, we work with companies and organizations on their purposeful transformation. The DO School is a life-long learning center that believes in the power of hands-on learning. And, as a social business, The DO Community is our effort to connect our global ecosystem in the belief that together, our actions can solve the big challenges of our time.
About the role
In this role, you will lead the design and delivery of DO School programs, especially those with a strong focus on topics relating to sustainability and ESG. During the design process you will facilitate and manage internal and external stakeholders and provide strategic direction and content know-how. You will also lead and oversee the production of course content for online on-demand formats as well as agendas and facilitation tools for in-person sessions (virtual and in-person). Finally you will be a key part of the facilitation team for in-person formats (virtual and in-person).
You would own…
- Design customized learning and training activities to understand and implement sustainability and ESG concepts and practices at the organizational level. Programs typically last from a few weeks to multi-months training formats for participant groups between 20 and up to 500+
- Responsibility to lead the overall process of course design and delivery
- Align with our partner teams and stakeholders including the creation and tracking towards goals and KPIs for each course based on the respective learning goals
- Lead overall course design of hybrid courses incl. instructional design with regards to module flow, content, and interactive elements
- Production of course content for on-demand formats including video, text and audio together with our videographers and designers
- Delivery and facilitation of workshops and training modules online and in person, including with senior stakeholders
… and develop…
- Your business development and partnership- building skills
- Your expertise, network and tools in topics, such as innovation and intrapreneurship
You will work closely with the…
- DO School Team
- External stakeholders from our partners
- Online course content producers e.g. videographers and agencies
This is what you can expect…
- In the first month, you will complete your onboarding, learn the nuts & bolts of The DO School, understand how we build leadership and Sustainability programs, establish working relationships with our partners and participate in program design and delivery in collaboration with more experienced colleagues.
- After three months, you will have started to deliver some internal design and management work on complex projects (with guidance) and have a good understanding of our method and approach. You will participate in pitches and make initial suggestions to improve or design programs.
- After six months, you will be in full swing designing, managing and delivering courses with guidance and in collaboration with your team and will have taken a more active role towards the partners
- After one year, you will also contribute to the overall strategy and direction of leadership & development at the DO School and will identify market opportunities and support sales.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- An experienced program designer equipped with knowledge of design and production of hybrid learning experiences
- A strong background in ESG and Sustainability topics in general and experience with design and delivery of learning programs focussed on Sustainability
- A strong facilitator able to create a high energy atmosphere for collaboration and learning on- and offline
- An outstanding communicator, able to communicate vision and strategy to different stakeholders and align also with senior stakeholders on their needs and wishes
- A people manager, able to manage upwards (including with the partner) as well as different creative and project teams
- Hands-on Learning and Development person
- Purpose-driven with a passion for working and developing people
- Empathetic, open-minded and flexible
- Fluent in German and English (verbal and written)
… And will likely have:
- ESG-focused qualifications as a trainer
- Designed and delivered / facilitated high-quality trainings, workshops and programs
- Been responsible for leadership & development within a corporate or large organization
- Managed a wide range of stakeholders, including at senior level
Ideally, you might also have experience in …
- Learning management systems and optimizing their use for best learner retention
- Co-creation projects involving internal and external stakeholders
- Coaching individuals & groups
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
The DO is an inclusive organization and explicitly welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, whether that’s ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability or alternative professional paths.
Why join the DO?
- We are a purposeful organization with a global reach working to make an impact, where purpose, passion and your ideas matter.
- You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as a global community of purposeful DOers from over 100 countries
- We offer a competitive salary, benefits, team-building activities, professional development opportunities and flexible and remote work modalities
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If you have any questions, please send an email to: [email protected].
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.