The University of Southampton
£34,314 to £41,931
Full Time Permanent
Thursday 06 April 2023
To be confirmed
This is an exceptional time to be joining the University of Southampton and its Digital Learning Team within the University’s IT department, iSolutions. The Digital Learning team has a pivotal role in enabling Faculties to re-design their teaching and learning for online and blended models, creating high quality and transformative student experiences.
The Digital Learning Team is all about connecting ideas, people and expertise, as well as creating high quality, impactful learning resources for staff and students. We work in close partnership with Faculties, the Centre for Higher Education Practice and other professional services, to identify the most effective ways to innovate and enhance teaching and learning using technology.
About the role
This is a key role in developing, maintaining and innovating in digital content, blended and on-line learning and learning technologies for use in education.
What you’ll do
- Deliver high-quality, accessible learning content and experiences. These may be delivered by you directly or as part of project teams in conjunction with the University community.
- Provide advice and, where appropriate, practical help with ensuring that pedagogical appropriate and sustainable technologies are used to enhance the teaching, learning and training experience
What you’ll bring
- The ability to present your ideas and your specialist area, to a wide and potentially non-technical audience.
- Proficient in using a range of virtual learning environments and educational technologies.
- Demonstrable experience in producing accessible file formats.
- A well-developed understanding of WCAG 2.1 standards and their relevance to educational resources.
The University of Southampton is a research driven institution, home to some of the world’s leading minds, expanding our knowledge and passing it on to future generations. iSolutions is the University’s IT support service whose 230+ staff support the delivery of the University’s research and education activities as well as enterprise business operations. We would love you to join us and help change the world for the better.
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance (30+ days), defined benefit pension, flexi-time and flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages .
As a university we aim to create an environment where everyone can thrive and are proactive in fostering a culture of inclusion, respect and equality of opportunity. We believe that we can only truly meet our objectives if we are reflective of society, so we are passionate about creating a working environment in which you are free to bring your whole self to work. With a generous holiday allowance as well as additional university closure days we are committed to supporting our staff and students and open to a flexible working approach.
Apply by midnight on the closing date. For assistance contact Recruitment on +44(0)2380 592750 or [email protected] quoting the job number.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.