Brockenhurst College has a thrilling new opportunity for a Lecturer Health Studies to join the team on a claims basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £28.23 – £36.44 per hour, depending on experience.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
A claims Lecturer in Health Studies required to join a busy and vibrant curriculum area to teach on Level 2 and Level 3 Health studies programmes from Sept 2023. Subject specialisms such as physiology in health, working in health and social care, communication and care values in practice. This role would ideally suit somebody with vocational experience and a background in careers such as paramedic, nursing, midwifery and social work we also welcome candidates who are interested in developing their career in teaching in FE with substantial and up to date experience in the health sector.
Early Childhood, Health Studies & HE
Contracted working hours
£28.23 – £36.44 per hour DOE
About the role:
As the Lecturer Health Studies, you will continually improve the learning experience and achievement of students through effective teaching.
Responsibilities as our Lecturer Health Studies will include:
- Teaching on courses as agreed with the Head of Curriculum
- Acting as Course Leader, when requested
- Preparing and marking student work, monitoring progress towards individual targets, keeping records, IV and providing timely reports/reviews to students, parents, employers and College managers, as appropriate
- Working closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students
- Paying due attention to the principles of inclusive learning including: support for students with learning difficulties and disabilities; extension resources/activities for students of higher ability; general resources, including the use of Information Learning Technology.
- Contributing to the design, delivery and future planning and development of the curriculum including blended learning approaches
- Contributing to the teaching/learning resource bank including e-resources for the relevant subject/courses
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant subject/course
As our Lecturer Health Studies, you’llideally have:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in the relevant subject area Health, Paramedic Science, Social Work or Nursing
- The ability to manage learners and learning effectively
- Current knowledge and understanding of current developments in the Health Sector
- A supportive and positive approach to teaching and learning
- The ability to relate well to learners of all abilities and to assess learner needs
- Empathy with and a strong commitment to helping every student achieve their potential
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff football
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd March 2023
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer Health Studies role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.