- Job title
- Lecturer in Analytical Chemistry
- Job reference
- Application closing date
- School of Health & Life Sciences
- £36,333 – £39,592
- Contractual hours
- Full time
- Job advert
Every member of our University is part of the inspiring, supportive, and caring community known as Team Teesside.
What we offer you:
– A holiday entitlement of 259 hours (35 days), plus bank holidays
– Additional leave over the Christmas and New Year period during the Christmas closure
– Special leave to support a range of circumstances
– Hybrid working arrangements: 60% On Campus 40% Working from home
– A variety of provision to support staff with personal development and recognition
– A range of family friendly benefits
– An employee benefits platform which provides discounts with 350+ retailers and access to health and wellbeing resources
In this role you will contribute to teaching, research, knowledge exchange, enterprise and business engagement in the Department of Sciences in the School of Health & Life Sciences, as well as contributing to the wider School and University.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to teach a range of Chemistry related topics. You will have a First Degree in a relevant discipline / equivalent professional qualification or significant practical work experience, as well as a PhD in a relevant discipline. You must also hold, or be willing to achieve, a relevant Teaching Qualification, normally within 2 years of employment, i.e. PGCHE/Higher Education Academy (Associate Fellow/Senior Fellow) accreditation.
Knowledge and experience in teaching and assessing science students at undergraduate and postgraduate level is essential and you must be able to demonstrate contemporary knowledge and skills in this subject area. The ability to contribute to curriculum development is essential.
Please be advised that due to the minimum salary thresholds imposed by the UKVI, this post may qualify for University sponsorship under the Skilled Worker visa route.
If you are shortlisted, your interview will take place via Microsoft Teams. Please note that the University may ask you to participate in a number of selection activities as part of the recruitment process for this vacancy.
To learn more about Team Teesside click here .
Click here to find out more about academic roles at Teesside .
Please note that we are advertising this vacancy on other websites but we are not using those third parties to collate applications for us. If you are viewing this advert on a third party website please ensure you apply directly to Teesside University. https://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/jobs/index.cfm
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.