University of Salford
Salford Business School
Industry collaborations, knowledge transfer partnerships (KTPs), research partnerships, international exchanges, student opportunities, outreach activities – these are just some of the ways we connect and work together.
As a Small Business Charter accredited School, we are proud to work in partnership with a wide range of regional businesses, from SMEs to multinationals, supporting growth and productivity in Greater Manchester and the wider region.
We are in the top 5 HESA ranking for SME engagement and the first university in the UK to gain a Social Enterprise Gold Mark.
Our on-campus business enterprises offer real-world experiences for our students, including, [email protected], our on-site business incubation, and SILKS, our on-campus law clinic.
We deliver opportunities across business, law and accounting, where our students gain real-world knowledge and develop future-focused skills in a supportive and inclusive environment. Along the way, they learn to be curious, adaptable and confident, ready to meet the digital, ethical and sustainability challenges of the 21st century.
Read more: Careers at Salford Business School University of Salford
So, what will the role involve?
We are looking for a passionate and committed individual to join our Business School as a lecturer in FinTech. This opportunity will allow the successful candidate the chance to drive modules, enterprise and research projects within a key area of focus within the Business School .
As the successful candidate you will be:
- The holder of a postgraduate Certificate of Academic Practice or equivalent higher education teaching qualification.
- Experienced in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in Higher Education.
- knowledgeable of theory, policy, research and practice related to Finance and FinTech.
- Understanding of the needs of students from diverse backgrounds including full time, part-time, mature professional and, in particular, international students.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary and excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave plus the option to buy additional days
- Professional development – a comprehensive package of training and development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Our community – there’s a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives
- The perks! MySalford, our online employee portal, offers a wide range of lifestyle benefits and discounts
- Wellbeing – your wellbeing is our priority. We have a wide range of dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health
- Sustainable Salford – We embed sustainability in all aspects of university life and have a commitment to becoming NetZero Carbon by 2038
- Location and campuses – Our location sets us apart. We are just 2km from Manchester city centre. Our Peel Park campus is unique and offers lots of green spaces and a wide range of facilities on site
Team Salford – By joining us, you can be part of our ambitious journey and help make a real difference to the people and communities we support
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.