About The Role
We are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dynamic Lecturer in Business & Marketing to join our Cornwall Business School. Cornwall is home to a wide range of exciting businesses and events, with a vision to be a place where businesses thrive, and people enjoy an outstanding quality of life. Falmouth University and Cornwall Business School share that vision and offer a range of on-line business and experience design degrees at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level; including our BSc (Hons) Business and Marketing Online course which commenced in September 2022, which has a commercial emphasis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and delivery of the module: Datalab, Decision Making, and Consumer Behaviour drawing upon specific expertise in the fields of data and decision making and consumer behaviour. You will efficiently plan and deliver the module, supporting the Course Leader and ensuring a positive student experience. As an online Module Leader, you will be responsible for all content including lectures, task activities, workshops, in a weekly format via the University’s VLE. You will manage day-to-day delivery including weekly webinars, and liaising with module’s online tutors.
You will be able to create an engaging and active online learning experience which also fosters strong links with industry partners and a vibrant visiting lecturer cohort. If successful, you will act as the face of the module you lead, both internally and externally and will play an active role in helping our students succeed, always willing to support individuals to help them achieve their full potential.
We are looking for the successful candidate to have a relevant educational and industry background and comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of multiple aspects of marketing, including creative and ethical practices.
We are looking to hear from candidates who can demonstrate:
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach in delivering content across a range of established and emerging topics.
- Evidence of proactively monitoring changing pedagogic and international industry trends and confidently sharing this knowledge to shape curricular content, design and delivery.
- Ability to incorporating latest developments into your teaching and learning practice.
- Possess well-developed organisational skills and be an excellent communicator who is comfortable delivering content in person and through digital platforms.
- Ability to bring a constructive approach to everything that you do including team working.
- Experience of engaging with a vibrant research culture across the subject area.
For further details on the skills/experience required for this role, please see the full job description above.
This is a permanent part time, 14 hours per week position. Due to the online nature of this role, it can be worked remotely, however the successful candidate must be based within the UK.
If this opportunity interests, you then we would love to hear from you. If you would like to have an informal conversation before applying, please contact Course leader, [email protected]
The closing date for this position is Tuesday 27 June 2023.
As an employer of choice we can offer the successful candidate for this role a range of benefits, including:
– Employer Pension Contribution up to 12%.
– 35 days + 8 days bank holiday.
– Annual salary increments (Until top of grade reached)
– Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Pay
– Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme (Tusker)
Full details on our employee benefits can be found on our careers page www.falmouth.ac.uk/jobs. Alongside these benefits we offer a first class working environment across our campuses with all the facilities you would expect from a leading University.
A successful external candidate for this position would be employed by Falmouth Staffing Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Falmouth University. Employees of Falmouth Staffing Ltd work alongside Falmouth University colleagues in the delivery of Falmouth’s strategic vision and will adopt Falmouth University’s HR policies and procedures in full. Falmouth University welcomes and encourages job applications from people of all identities and backgrounds, particularly those under-represented and/or marginalised, as it is important we have a diverse range of candidates to consider.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.