York St John University
View All Vacancies
Department: School of Science, Technology & Health
£35,333 to £53,353
Closing Date: Friday 14 April 2023 at midnight
Thursday 04 May 2023
Full time permanent
Introduction to YSJ university
York St John is an ambitious, modern university at the heart of historic York and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
As one of the fastest growing universities in the U.K over recent years, we have a new strategy for the next decade, emphasising our commitment to widening opportunity through the power of education and contributing our talents to creating a fairer world, and a more prosperous region. We are putting inspirational learning and impactful research at the heart of this strategy, recognising our academic expertise as our greatest asset.
Occupational Therapy sits within the School of Science, Technology & Health and is a well-established and successful subject area offering Pre-Registration programmes both at undergraduate and postgraduate level. We are committed to growing our academic reputation and providing an unrivalled student experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative team of dedicated Occupational Therapy staff within the School.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and motivated individual to join the Occupational Therapy team on a full-time basis; those with previous experience of working with adults in a mental health setting are particularly encouraged to apply.
Required Skills and Experience:
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- The ability to design and deliver engaging, supportive learning experiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of the critical, theoretical and practical issues relevant to Occupational Therapy.
- Experience of teaching or supervising undergraduate Occupational Therapy students in a practise or academic environment.
- Current HCPC & RCOT registration
- The ability to supervise research students at UG or PG level
- An interest in furthering their research publications or in becoming research active as part of their development
- Additionally, you will share our values of fairness, sustainability and inspiring others to succeed.
For informal enquiries please contact Dr Jen Whittle, Associate Head of School and Head of Allied Health [email protected]
If you require a reasonable adjustment in order to apply for this position please contact [email protected] Within the application form there is an opportunity for you to request a reasonable adjustment at the interview stage of the process, however if you wish to discuss this in further detail at any point in the process please do not hesitate to contact us.
We offer a wide range of employee benefits including –
– Excellent annual leave entitlement, including five discretionary university closure days over the Christmas period
– Pension scheme
– Health Cash Plan after one years’ service
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Relocation expenses package for certain roles
We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive policies and facilities to support staff from different backgrounds. As part of our commitment to providing an inclusive working environment, consideration is given to all requests for job share or flexible working arrangements.
Please note that CVs are not accepted in place of the application form.
Closing Date –
Friday 14 April 2023 at midnight
Provisional Interview Date –
Thursday 04 May 2023
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.