University Hospital Southampton
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of six consultant neurophysiologists and two specialist registrars, working alongside our team of twelve Physiologists to deliver a comprehensive neurophysiology service. In addition to routine outpatient EMG, evoked potential and EEG diagnostic activity, we provide inpatient services for the WNC (including the Neuro Intensive Care Unit), Paediatric Neurology and Neonatal Unit.
We have both adult and paediatric Videotelemetry beds, and perform Home VT. We are a Neuromuscular Centre of Excellence and provide the neurophysiology support for the Wessex regional epilepsy surgery service, for the functional neurosurgery (including (DBS) deep brain stimulation) programme and are part of a Children’s epilepsy surgery service (CESS) network. We provide a large volume of spinal intra-operative monitoring (IOM) and have a developing Neuro IOM service.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- The timetable would include four EMG clinics per week.
- Other duties include reporting inpatient and outpatient EEG
- Supporting the specialist areas and tertiary services.
- Activities would also include MDT meetings, clinical governance, research, teaching, training and leadership.
- The post-holder would be expected to contribute to many aspects of the service and personal development is encouraged.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an exceptional, energetic and committed individual to complement our existing experienced team. You will be encouraged to take an active part in developing the service, through innovation, learning, research and development. We look to continually improve our service and build upon the excellent reputation we already have.
- We are looking for enthusiastic and committed individuals, who are excellent communicators and team players, to join our team
- All candidates must be eligible for full GMC registration and either already be on the Specialist Register or be within six months of receiving CCST/ CCT at the time of interview.
- You will be encouraged to develop subspecialty interests and expertise. Existing interest and expertise in Videotelemetry for pre-surgical evaluation of both Paediatric and Adult patients, and in IOM, in particular DBS would be highly desirable to complement the current team.
Individuals wishing to apply must be fully registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) and should be either already on or within 6 months of eligibility to be included on the specialist register of the GMC.
The successful candidate will be employed under the terms and conditions of service for Consultants (England) 2003.
Interviews date TBC
Job Reference: 188-MT0951 – This vacancy closes on or before: Tuesday, 6th June 2023
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.