Fixed-term contract – 6 Months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in SUDAN
Our mission in SUDAN has been open since 2020. PUI develops its integrated approach with health and nutrition. Furthermore, PUI works on launching health and nutrition activities in support to existing health facilities in the surroundings of refugee camps, supporting local communities, refugees and asylum seekers
What about the Logistician – Gedaref ?
As Logistician, you will ensure the efficient management of your logistics at base level. Your role will be to organize an efficient support logistics and a comprehensive supply chain that includes the last kilometer. You will contribute to the implementation of good practices, tools and procedures to carry out activities properly.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
Supply Chain: You will actively contribute to the coordination and implementation of the supply chain strategy for your base. You will ensure that the administrative and operational components of the supply chain are in place and functional at your own level. You will guarantee that PUI’s related procedures, policies and tools linked with purchases, transport and storages are in place and are respected. You will make sure that relevant links are woven with the coordination so as to avoid delays, loss, gaps in the HQ – coordination – field supply chain.
Support logistics management: You will ensure that all teams have the means, resources and tools they need to carry out their activities. You will actively contribute to the dimensioning of your base in terms of facilities (working and living spaces), materials, equipment, services allowing a well functioning on your base.
Security: You will have to ensure that at your own level the necessary means and frameworks are existing so as to implement the security rules related to communications, movements and facility management.
Team management: You will be responsible for the tailoring of your team, and the validation of their job description. You will be responsible for the line management of specified logistics staff in accordance with related HR policies and procedures, including recruitment and performance appraisal.
Functioning of the bases: You will support all teams in the framework of redeployment / installation / rehabilitation / closure of your base.
Coordination: You will centralize and disseminate logistics information at the base level. You will consolidate the internal reporting and will communicate it in time to the coordination team.
Representation: You will represent the organization in forums, amongst partners, authorities and different local actors involved in the logistics fields.
The challenges that await you :
– Volatile security environment – Challenges concerning price volatility, availability of goods and transportation from Khartoum to Geneina. – Train and recruit additional logistics staff as the base grows and activities expand in other localities in West Darfur
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Logistics (purchase, transport or in related fields). A Bioforce training would be appreciated.
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 2 years of Logistics experience in Humanitarian Sector, you master general management. A previous experience as Logistician would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You have good knowledge of procurement and supply chain (purchase, transport, storage) or in support logistics (facility management), you demonstrate organizational, management and report drafting skills. If you are a good negotiator, with capacity building skills, it would be valued.
- Qualities: You demonstrate ability to take the initiative and take responsibility in a proactive approach. You are a good negotiator and communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership, sense of analysis, good organization, capacity to adapt and to delegate. You have a good resistance to stress, particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« If you’re passionate about humanitarian work, experienced in logistics in volatile environments and are looking for the next challenge, this could be the place for you. You will be joining a growing team of dedicated and committed people, providing life-saving assistance to communities affected by violence and displacement. Teamwork, Passion and Commitment to serving others, if that resonates, we want to hear from you! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 190,00 – 2 420,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.