Working at Oxfam
Ensures effective and efficient operation of the Admn & Logistic function across the country program to deliver timely, reliable and accurate, and high-quality reporting and requirements using a risk-based approach.
Supports CLT in compliance controls by providing operational and strategic analysis and management reports for business planning, decision-making, and risk management.
Ensures compliance with local laws and statutory reporting requirements as well as Oxfam and donors’ policies and procedures.
The job holder is expected to contribute to operational planning and implementation of corporate and regional initiatives.
Contributes to developing and delivering targets and plans within the country program and possibly more widely within the OI.
Support to Emergency Response activities. •
- to Identify suppliers with capacity to support emergency response •
- Supports Head of Operations to carry out a market scan for goods and services for emergency preparedness •
- Participate in emergency response meetings at country level •
- Implement emergency procurement guidelines and procures for logistics and administration.
- Establish and orient staff and partners on principles of partnership and partnership management; facilitate on-boarding of new partners; build capacity of humanitarian and comms staff to effectively work with partners around Logistics & Administration.
- Coordinate the strengthening of local and national partners’ capacity to deliver quality results, working across relevant departments to set up systems for capacity building.
- Work across departments to identify and address partnership-related action points, and to introduce new ways of working to make partnerships more effective as an Logistics & Administration.
- Support partners in procurement, vehicle, assets and inventory management.
- Engage with partners on PARCEL (The Partner Capacity Enhancement in Logistics)
- Supervise supply/procurement plans for emergency response in collaboration with programme staff of Oxfam and partners.
- Be responsible for the overall management of procurements, contracts, and framework agreements in line with Oxfam guidelines, policies, procedures, and donors’ requirements.
- Manage quotation and tender level procurements in a competitive, transparent, and accountable manner.
- Lead on procurement activities for emergency response and implementation of all standard tools and systems (management, training and roll-out), as necessary.
- Represent Logistics function in project proposal development for emergency response with key inputs on procurement (market, prices, and lead time) in accordance with the Pakistan context.
- Ensure regular updates of the procurement and contract trackers with complete and accurate information for analysis purposes.
- Consolidation and submission of procurement reports to all stakeholders at the country and regional level.
- Monitor supplier’s registration in Oxfam system and maintain price list for goods and services.
- Work in collaboration with Oxfam and partners staff and participate in regular planning and committee meetings.
- Maintain effective and timely communication with partner organisations for reception and delivery of goods to field locations
Inventory and Assets Management
- Ensure Complete and accurate information and audit trail of all Oxfam stock and assets
- Selection of proper warehouse in filed areas for Oxfam humanitarian and development programme /projects as required.
- Ensure that control mechanisms are in place for warehouse and have approved list of staff that can enter the warehouse.
- Develop capacity of partner organization staff Oxfam staff on warehouse management.
- Ensure stock movement is updated on daily basis.
- Ensure timely repair and maintenance of the warehouse.
- Working closely with logistics staff for ensuring quality of items /goods, put in place quality ensuring procedures in warehouse and establishing proper receiving and issuing systems.
- Active participate in partnership management group.
- Ensure assets tagging
- Ensure assets registers are updated all the time.
- Ensure updated assets tracking sheet
- Liaison with Government departments and agencies to obtain permits, visa processing, MoU related issues, when needed
- To be able to support the country program on obtaining project / program NoCs from EAD
- Establish working relations with FBR, NDMA, and PDMA to get NOCs, certificates, etc. when required
- To contribute to development of Security Management Plan from support functions
- Carry out security assessment of new geographical areas, humanitarian project initial assessments
- Support security team in developing and implementation of SOPs.
- Train drivers, guards and support staff on office security SOPs and to ensure they are implemented
- Implement the security measures at office in collaboration with security team
- To gather and disseminate security related information to support staff
- Attend security meetings when needed to represent Oxfam
Transport and Vehicle Management
- Responsible to Oxfam Country office vehicles, develop vehicles allocation /booking system
- Run hiring processes for vehicles as per organizational policies and procedures.
- Train and manage Oxfam drivers including rented to ensure they understand Oxfam driving policy and vehicles management procedures and requirement.
- Ensure monthly personal usage of vehicles deduction
- Ensure that logbooks of all vehicles and maintained properly.
- Ensue drivers adhere to the drivers’ rules and regulation for driving and maintain high standard of vehicles safety.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s degree in social sciences or a related field.
- At least ten years of demonstrated work experience in the field of Logistics & Administration.
- Prior experience of working in a similar role within a consortium or under a partnership model
- Ability to liaise with and represent Oxfam to wide range of actors at country, regional and international levels
- Strong people-management skills.
- Strong commitment to gender, diversity issues, equal opportunities and capacity building •
- Demonstrates high level of integrity, tenacity, work ethics and sound judgement • Provide advice to managers and employees on logistics, procurement and administration, regulation and procedures
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action and commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies, Oxfam’s aims and objectives.
- Supportive and effective manager and team player
- Willingness to travel extensively, mostly within the country
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience of working on issues including disaster risk reduction, climate change, agriculture, education, good governance.
- Prior experience of similar work.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Operations, to act as key contributor to Oxfam, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their respective fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.