Main Presents and Philanthropy Govt – Each Second Counts Lead – Mat Cowl PMGP-ESC
Beginning Wage: £42,195 – £45,455 p.a. (Inc London Weighting) – SPEC B
Contract: 10-month contract (with the potential of an extension). From January 2024 with handover and full time from February 2024
Hours of labor: Full time/35 hours per week
Location: London Workplace/ Hybrid
CAFOD launched a four-year personal part of its Each Second Counts (ESC) initiative in 2020 to boost £5m to assist CAFOD’s protracted worldwide emergency work that doesn’t often attain mainstream information platforms. On account of its success, we plan to launch part 2 in April 2024 for an extra 4 years to boost £7.5m. The feasibility work is underway and you’ll form it with a small, extremely skilled and ahead trying inside working group.
This extremely influential position will lead the day-to-day administration of ESC technique and operational plans alongside managing and supporting the newly to be shaped ESC Fundraising Group of effectively networked donors.
This position requires a passionate and persuasive particular person who can domesticate robust relationships with key influential stakeholders together with main items donors, prospects, our CAFOD Govt Workforce and Trustees to assist obtain CAFOD’s bold fundraising targets.
Strategically information and mission handle Each Second Counts Section 2 initiative (ESC)
- As a part of the Main Presents and Philanthropy (MGP) group, lead the general initiative and act because the ‘go to’ and knowledgeable reference level for ESC and its relationship to CAFOD’s wider humanitarian response.
- Utilizing your specialist data in fundraising, ship and affect the brand new ESC part 2 technique focusing on main items donors and supporters. Keep a superb overview and guarantee different relationship managers are creating their excessive worth donor portfolios to provide to ESC.
- Develop the present ESC and donor plans, budgets, and operational plans, which is able to embody updating the case for assist, creating appeals, writing tailor-made proposals and stories, different engagement materials alongside the inner stakeholders and the MGP group. You’ll work carefully and be supported by the Head of MGP, and main items group leads in making certain the technique suits into the broader MGP plans
- Determine and handle work packages to ship the initiative. Present well timed stories on progress to stakeholders. Guarantee they’re on monitor with their contributions and targets.
- Work throughout the MGP group in addition to different CAFOD groups in any respect ranges to maximise cross collaboration earnings alternatives.
- Set up the ESC Fundraising Group with effectively networked donors, to steer on the ESC fundraising actions to help in attaining the earnings and KPI targets. Guarantee they’re effectively supported and preserve their engagement and motivation.
Donor portfolio relations
- Guarantee the very best cultivation and stewardship plans are applied and understood by others who will play a key position in these actions and guarantee funds are raised.
- Take the lead, coordinate the approaches and the donation ask to potential donors and the place acceptable with management to safe important items for CAFOD’s specialist protracted emergency and humanitarian programmes.
- Work throughout the MGP group to sound out potential donors and influencers for ESC and advise on the strategic strategy.
- Work carefully with the CAFOD Govt Workforce, Trustees and the ESC Fundraising Group to handle their peer to see assist by providing your knowledgeable recommendation.
- Handle the approaches by different group members, making certain that prospect analysis, briefing notes, and different related info are accomplished in a well timed vogue and are shared with related stakeholders.
- Handle a potential portfolio of heat and chilly supporters making certain all related info is up to date in accordance with GDPR and delivered to targets.
Working with ESC influential donors
- Lead on sub-donor phase teams with clearly outlined tasks which is able to embody the administration of senior employees and volunteer management.
- Present clear administration assist and path so employees are clear on their tasks and path.
- Set up relationships with CAFOD Trustees and new volunteer management to develop supporter networks and to interact donors with our work.
- Working alongside the Philanthropy Supervisor and group results in assist ongoing donor relationships.
- Determine, have interaction and lead on creating potential new ESC influencers and supporters for CAFOD.
Data administration, donor prospecting and cultivation occasions
- Keep updated data of all communications with supporters to make sure that all info is recorded precisely.
- Monitor main giving funding tendencies.
- Plan and implement ESC cultivation and stewardship occasions and excessive degree in particular person conferences.
- Develop and constantly overview all ESC materials together with the Case for Help, sound chunk messages from our inside programme employees and companions in addition to on-line and offline materials. Be sure that these communications work for and encourage donors, testing key instruments corresponding to proposition materials with chosen donors and the ESC Fundraising Group.
- Develop digital content material and different communication materials to interact with donors, working with CAFOD’s Communications group as wanted.
- Talk persuasively CAFOD’s work by means of compelling written proposals and nose to nose conferences with potential donors.
What We’re Wanting For
The best candidate will likely be charismatic with a superb monitor document of managing substantial main giving relationships and managing thrilling stakeholder relationships. A robust group participant and an bold self-starter it is possible for you to to steer and direct the ESC initiative, and domesticate relationships with high-value supporters, donors, and influential stakeholders in an effort to maximise donations and develop long-term donor partnerships to realize the ESC delicate and exhausting targets.
You should have earlier profitable expertise in producing important items for not-for-profit organisations, mission administration and data of creating peer-to-peer approaches with influential stakeholders.
As well as, the important standards for the position will embody:
- Confirmed expertise in managing main items relationships and expertise of articulating the proposition to donors.
- Achieved profitable earnings progress methods with expertise or potential to draw donations of £50k and ideally above 6 figures.
- Sturdy organisational and mission administration talents
- Distinctive interpersonal and communication abilities, each verbal and written.
- Artistic and assured in bringing new strategic concepts to the desk.
- Information and consciousness of the sector of worldwide improvement and humanitarian assist surroundings.
- CAFOD will take into account transferable abilities for the proper candidates.
Why Select CAFOD?
At CAFOD we worth our staff and are dedicated to providing a wholesome work–life steadiness and selling the well-being of our staff.
Hybrid working with a minimal of 40% of your time within the London Workplace.
In addition to the thrilling alternatives this position presents, we additionally provide nice advantages, a few of that are under.
- 34 days vacation (20 days annual depart, 8 financial institution holidays and 6 closure days)
- Extra 10 days annual depart buy scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket mortgage.
- Enhanced Maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
- Enhanced Sick pay.
- Worker Help Programme
We provide all our staff studying and improvement alternatives, we offer coaching, teaching and mentoring to assist your improvement in numerous facets of our work.
CAFOD is dedicated to being an anti-racist organisation and we’re eager to extend the variety of our groups. We’re notably eager to hunt out functions from individuals of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
There’s room for everybody: Catholics and non-Catholics; individuals of all faiths and none. We make use of individuals in all corners of the world, of all ages and ethnicities. The outcome? A pleasant and open-minded organisation.
Safeguarding for Youngsters and Susceptible Adults
CAFOD recognises the non-public dignity and rights of kids and susceptible adults, in the direction of whom it has a particular accountability and an obligation of care and respect. CAFOD, and all its employees and volunteers, undertake to do all in our energy to create a secure surroundings for kids, younger individuals and susceptible adults and to forestall their bodily, sexual or emotional abuse. CAFOD is dedicated to appearing always in the perfect pursuits of kids and susceptible adults, seeing these pursuits as paramount. Any candidate supplied a job with CAFOD will likely be anticipated to stick to CAFOD’s Safeguarding coverage and signal CAFOD’s Code of Behaviour as an appendix to their contract of employment and conform to conduct themselves by the provisions of those paperwork. This put up doesn’t contain contact with kids, younger individuals and susceptible adults or has accountability for individuals who general will do.
All presents of employment will likely be topic to passable references, and acceptable screening checks can embody legal data and terrorism finance checks. CAFOD additionally participates within the Inter-Company Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In step with this Scheme, we’ll request info from job candidates’ earlier employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment throughout employment, or incidents beneath investigation when the applicant left employment. By making use of, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of those recruitment procedures.
How one can apply
Purposes for the put up may be made straight through the CAFOD web site – https://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/cafod/vms/e/careers/positions/cvuONlAk5i4kPztnbeaqut