King's College London
Job id: 067805. Salary: £41,386 – £48,414 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 26 May 2023. Closing date: 11 June 2023.
Business unit: Finance & Procurement. Department: Management Accounts: Central & Corporate.
Contact details:Janet Oyedele. [email protected]
Location: Guy’s campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
About the Finance Department
The Finance Department provides quality financial support and advice in pursuit of the university’s stated objectives. In particular, it is committed to the provision of strong financial leadership, sound professional advice on all aspects of financial management, and the achievement and maintenance of a high-quality service in all areas of financial activity undertaken by the university.
To contribute to the full range of management accounting work within the university. Working closely with other members of the management accounting community, the role provides useful information to directorate managers to improve their decision-making, planning and control. The post holder will be responsible to the Finance Business Partner, as part of the team ensuring that high quality financial data is provided to departments within the university.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
We ask all candidates to submit a copy of their CV, and a supporting statement, detailing how they meet the essential criteria listed in the advert. If we receive a strong field of candidates, we may use the desirable criteria to choose our final shortlist, so please include your evidence against these where possible.
The precise responsibilities of the role will depend on the part of the university the role supports, which may change over time.
- Production of management accounts for a range of directorates;
- In year forecasting of income and expenditure;
- Maintenance of staffing establishment records and reconciling staffing records between the university’s information systems;
- Provision of ad-hoc project and analysis work in support of the relevant directorates or university-level projects connected to the role;
- Being the first point of contact for all finance matters, dealing with a range of queries from the directorates connected to the role;
- Supporting the production of future year budgets for the directorates connected to the role;
- Providing cover for other roles within the management accounting community;
- Supporting the development of processes and tools for use within the management accounting community.
- Adhering to King’s policies and procedures which are published on the HR web pages;
- Learning and applying proper professional standards in all aspects of the job;
- Complying with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description;
- Flexibility to move between different parts of the organisation, using standardised tools and approaches.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.