Apply now Job no:534504
Location:Melbourne – Burwood
Categories:Marketing and Communications
- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Full-time and fixed term for 7 months
- HEW 8 – $105,612 – $120,918 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Marketing Communications Planner plays a key role in the Marketing Division by developing value propositions, communications strategies and plans to support Deakin’s marketing campaigns and initiatives. The role is responsible for using data and insights to optimise the Marketing Division’s overarching marketing communications strategy and communication plan and to develop communications plans and top-line messaging for campaigns, products and programs. This includes but is not limited to developing and leading the roll out of communications frameworks for Deakin’s brand campaigns, working closely with channel leads to ensure best practice, key message delivery and developing communications strategies for key cohorts, e.g. school leavers, and leading the implementation of recommendations across campaigns.
The Marketing Communication Planner ensures all communication executions act as an ecosystem from awareness to conversion. The role is responsible for Deakin’s audience blueprints , ensuring their incorporation across the entire prospective student consumer journey. The role works with University stakeholders to ensure alignment of audience needs, Deakin’s brand position and choice drivers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Promote teamwork and provide tailored coaching to enable individuals to deliver high-quality solutions and achievement of goals
- Analyse problems, weigh up a range of options to identify accessible and inclusive solutions and translate complex issues into clear and understandable goals and targets for Deakin
- Develop, maintain and use a variety of systems, processes, diverse range of people and sources to gather information and gain a deeper understanding and make critical strategic decisions
- Use accepted theory and practices to develop and deploy continuous improvement actions to ensure implementation of continuous improvement strategies in own work area
- Develop a network of useful contacts within Deakin and integrate perspectives held within different areas of the University, and puts plans in place to build collaboration and develop shared goals
- Use understanding of the client context to anticipate needs, tailor services, improve the service offering and ensure a high-quality outcome by addressing client feedback and setting service standards
- Navigate appropriate course of action, gain agreement on preferred approach and prepare advice (information, materials and recommendations) to meet specific stakeholder styles and requirements
- Interpret needs and offers pragmatic, inclusive and sustainable solutions based on research and in alignment with University context, policies and practices
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or
- Extensive experience and management expertise; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Experience in developing value propositions to support initiatives, products and campaigns
- Experience in the utilisation of research, data and insights to informs communication strategies and plans
- Experience in developing and executing a marketing communications strategy
- Experience in campaign and initiative communications planning and delivery
- Experience in messaging and channel planning
- Copywriting experience desirable
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD – Marketing Communications Planner – 534504.pdf
Applications for this position close on Tuesday 28 February 2023.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Infrequent work outside business hours is required (e.g., work at evening or weekend events is required)
- Working with Children Check
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Abbie Allen (Director, Brand and Marketing Communications) via email [email protected]
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised:15 Feb 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:28 Feb 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this posting.