University of East Anglia, Norwich
FACULTY OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
INTERDISCIPLINARY INSTITUTE FOR THE HUMANITIES
Salary on appointment will be £23,715 per annum, with an annual increment up to £27,131 per annum.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Media Technician to join the team in our BLOC Facilities. BLOC consists of our suite of Media Facilities which include a Media Suite, Broadcast Journalism Facilities and our Television Studio.
These combined facilities allow us to teach media production skills to hundreds of students on our degree programmes each year.
We are looking for a person who has a genuine passion for media production and experience of working with audio and video hardware and software.
You will provide dynamic technical support within our facilities to staff, students and visitors. Our facilities and courses are constantly evolving, and this role will provide an exciting opportunity to proactively contribute to future developments as well as opportunities to improve your skillset to allow you to progress in your career.
This full-time post is available immediately on an indefinite basis.
- 34 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays and University Customary days.
- Family and Work-life balance policies including hybrid working and considerable maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption leave.
- Generous pension scheme with life cover for dependents, plus incapacity cover.
- Health and Wellbeing: discounted access to sportspark facilities, relaxation rooms, 320 acres of rolling parkland, wellbeing walks, medical centre, Occupational Health and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Campus Facilities: sportspark, library, nursery, supermarket, post office, bars and catering outlets.
- Exclusive shopping discounts to help cut the cost of household bills, childcare salary sacrifice scheme, Cycle to Work scheme and public transport discounts.
- Personal Development: unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning courses, specialist advice and training from our Organisational Development and Professional Learning Team.
Closing date: 17 April 2023
We strongly encourage applicants from women and all those from Black, Asian or other minority ethnic backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from all protected groups as defined by the Equality Act 2010. Appointment will be made on merit.
The University is committed to diversifying its workforce. As examples, we already hold an Athena SWAN Silver Institutional Award in recognition of our advancement towards gender equality. We also have a Vice-Chancellor led Taskforce on Tackling Racism and a Race Equality Charter Working Group which support our work on race equality. Our aim is to submit to the Race Equality Charter in 2024.
TC837_Ca… (.pdf) (2083kb) ,
Guidance… (.pdf) (2225kb)
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.