University of Worcester
PAS – School of Education
Location: St John’s Campus
£24,715 to £28,131
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term
– 24 Months
Advertised On: Wednesday 14 June 2023
Closing Date: Sunday 09 July 2023
The Institute of Education is one of the country’s major providers of education, training and research for the children’s workforce and OFSTED has recently judged the university’s provision for Primary and Secondary as ‘Outstanding’.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Department of Professional and Administrative Support as a Mentor Training Coordinator in the Institute of Education to ensure that the university remains at the forefront of Initial Teacher Training.
This is a new post and will focus on providing a first-rate experience for school based mentors who work alongside the university in supporting our trainees. The post holder will need to liaise with both Primary and Secondary schools across the region and beyond and will need to be able to prioritise a busy workload as well as establishing productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The university offers excellent CPD opportunities as well as numerous opportunities to participate in cross university initiatives to enhance existing skills and experience.
Please see the attached Person Specification and Job Description for further information.
What’s in it for you?
- Annual incremental increase up to £28,131, with the opportunity to progress to £29,762
- Up to 34 days of leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays and University closure days) rising to 39 total days after 5 years’ service
- Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to a range of benefits including our Staff Retail Benefits Scheme
- Wellbeing advice and support through our Employee Assistance Programme
- In-house training and development support
- A friendly, inclusive and supportive culture and work environment
From 1 August 2023, the salary range for this role will increase to £25,138 – £28,759, with the opportunity to progress to £30,488.
This post reports to the School Manager. For enquiries regarding the role, please contact the School Manager, Andrew Ward at [email protected] .
We value diversity and wish to promote equality at all levels
View All Vacancies
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.