UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
Monitoring & Reporting Associate
Grade: SB 3/2
Duty Station: Islamabad, Pakistan
Reports to (Tittle/Level): Senior Planning, Monitoring & Reporting Officer SB 4.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. . In Pakistan, the agency inaugurated its programme in 2007 – as UNIFEM – following a request by the Government of Pakistan and the United Nations.
In moving towards the realization of gender equality and women’s empowerment in Pakistan, UN Women launched its five-year plan for the country in January 2023, known as the Strategic Note (2023-27). The document lays out in detail the agency’s strategy for the country – including the geographic scope, and programmatic and operational details – and was developed through an inclusive and consultative process, keeping in view the evolving needs and context of the country. Given UN Women’s triple mandate, and the development priorities of the Government of Pakistan, the UN Women Pakistan Strategic Note (2023-27) focuses on the following five key areas:
- Normative Frameworks & Data
- Innovative Gender Financing
- Protection Against Harmful Practices
- Awareness, Voice, Agency & Leadership
- Women Economic Empowerment
Under Protection Against Harmful Practices, UN Women Pakistan is working to improve Gender Parity in order to strengthen Gender Responsive Justice at Provincial and Federal levels.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Planning, Monitoring and Reporting Officer, the Monitoring & Reporting Associate will be tasked to adopt results-based management (RBM) principles to support the monitoring of the program’s performance, assist in measuring its impact, and ensuring compliance with the program’s logical framework and indicator targets. S/He will support the Planning, Monitoring and Reporting Officer to prepare a thorough monitoring plan and related tools and mechanisms for monitoring the programme on a regular basis, in line with UN Women’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Plan (MERP), and ensure its timely and successful implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support the Planning, Monitoring and Reporting of projects using the results based monitoring techniques;
- Provide the regular support to program units in keeping track of project deliverables with monitoring indicators.
- Support the preparation of reports of results to internal and external audiences
- Facilitate the knowledge building and focus the achievements of results.
- Adhere fully to results-based management (RBM) principles in monitoring and reporting of project indicators and results
- Conduct field monitoring visits/ spot checks to program focused areas in ICT, KP and Balochistan to ensure data quality and compliance against project indicators and deliverables.
- Maintain all relevant monitoring data and share findings regularly from the field for course correction.
- Document beneficiary feedback for immediate results, and impact assessment
- Timely reporting, data management and record keeping.
- Provide effective support to management of the Access to Justice Unit
- Support presentation of background information for implementation of UN programme including input in project documents, annual work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Facilitate coordination with provincial programme teams on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of donor reports, quarterly and annual reports
- Ensure effective implementation and monitoring of proposed project as well as the Access to Justice Unit’s program.
- Provide M&E support for timely preparation and execution of program approved work plans
- Contribute to the development of monitoring indicators, calendars, and field monitoring plans
- Develop and maintain supporting documents for payments, partner’s narrative and financial reports.
- Review and develop monitoring tools, and provide support in designing baselines and different evaluation studies.
- Facilitate the process of the CO meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
- Draft donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
- Identify relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
4. Facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge, as identified through programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Contribute to the development of capacity development tools for RBM, monitoring & evaluation, and reporting, including training materials and packages;
Promote awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Programme Development, Management and Monitoring
- Understanding of project cycle management, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Effective communication skills for partnership management
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Programme Management, including design, planning, implementation and reporting of programme
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to support in reporting, for a variety of audiences/ partners
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm and in control even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent Teamwork
- Understanding and capacity to integrate and implement gender and interfaith approaches in the work
- Highly motivated to work with grassroots organizations with cross cultural and interfaith sensitivity
- Ready to travel to remote areas for extended periods as well as travel domestically or internationally upon short notice
- Dedication to work with the marginalized population and people who seek justice
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Gender Studies, Management or
- At least 5 years’ progressively responsible experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting is required at the national or international level with focus on women empowerment, gender equality/ women’s rights and rule of law.
- Knowledge of planning, designing and implementing RBM products and strategies.
- Experience in drafting reports, including using RBM, M&E tools and techniques, and approaches for the presentation of information through use of graphic, pictorial, video or other appropriate communication means.
- Proven analytical and report writing skills and knowledge of research methodologies.
- Strong understanding of gender and development issues in Pakistan.
- Proficiency in the use of software used for preparing reports including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is required
- Experience in the United Nations systems is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
Application: All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-P11- Personal- History-Form.doc Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. HEC Attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UN. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees. Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to (i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC. At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. AccessibilityAccessibilityAll employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need. If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application. UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.) If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact the eRecruit Helpdesk.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.