WFP - World Food Programme
WFP encourages feminine candidates and other people with disabilities to use.
WFP seeks candidates of the best integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian rules. Choice of workers is made on a aggressive foundation. We’re dedicated to selling variety and the precept of equal employment alternative for all our workers and encourages certified candidates to use irrespective of faith or perception, ethnic or social background, gender, gender id and incapacity.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP affords a aggressive advantages bundle together with wage, pension, go away plus a medical insurance coverage.
Job Title: Nationwide Coordinator for CREWS and Early Warning for All
Grade: SC – 9
Sort of contract: WFP Service Contract
Length: one 12 months (with chance of renewable)
Responsibility Station: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Emptiness Quantity: One
Date of Publication: 19 September 2023
Deadline of Utility: 2 October 2023
This emptiness announcement is for Nationals from Cambodia Solely
Local weather Threat and Early Warning Methods (CREWS) is an initiative launched on the COP21 in Paris as a part of the options Agenda. The Initiative goals to strengthen multi-hazards early warning techniques (MHEWSs) in Least Developed International locations (LDCs) and Small Island Creating States (SIDS). CREWS implementing companions are the World Financial institution (WB), World Meteorological Group (WMO) and United Nations Workplace for Catastrophe Threat Discount (UNDRR), via a Particular Program managed by the WB’s International Facility for Catastrophe Discount and Restoration (GFDRR). WMO offers Secretariat providers, and WB serves as a Trustee.
The CREWS-financed mission titled “Reinforcing the capacities of hydro-meteorological providers and enhancing early warning techniques in Cambodia and Lao PDR (CREWS Cambodia and Lao PDR)” mission goals to strengthen and streamline regional and nationwide techniques and capacities associated to climate forecasting, hydrological providers, multi-hazard impact-based warnings and repair supply for enhanced decision-making. It’s carried out collectively by all three implementing companions and in shut collaboration with the Division of Meteorology (DOM), the Division of Hydrology and River Works (DHRW) and the Nationwide Committee for Catastrophe Administration (NCDM) of Cambodia, the Division of Meteorology and Hydrology (DMH) and the Nationwide Catastrophe Prevention and Management Committee (NDPCC), Lao PDR.
WFP Cambodia is in search of to recruit an skilled nationwide guide to steer coordination of the CREWS Cambodia mission actions in addition to the EW4ALL actions within the nation, together with via common engagement with the designated authorities counterpart for EW4ALL and different key stakeholders.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Coordinate the implementation of the CREWS mission in Cambodia and act as a CREWS focal mission focus for Cambodia. The guide will work with the WMO Regional Workplace for Asia and the South-West Pacific and the Mission Administration Unit of WMO.
- The guide will work intently with the Local weather and DRM unit, the federal government EW4ALL focus and the United Nations Resident Coordinator’s Workplace (UNRCO) to advance strategic and operational plans through the inception and early levels of the EW4ALL roll-out in Cambodia.
- Assist the government-designated nationwide focus for EW4ALL in streamlining and selling the initiative throughout line ministries, related coordination platforms and different channels to progressively strengthen the federal government’s dedication and buy-in
- Take the lead in coordinating and fascinating with a spread of involved stakeholders, together with UN companies, worldwide and nationwide organizations, the non-public sector and others, as a part of the long-term course of to harmonize and develop EWS initiatives within the nation beneath the frequent EW4ALL umbrella.
OTHER SPECIFIC POST REQUIREMENTS
1. Coordinate the CREWS initiative in Cambodia, together with liaising with authorities counterparts, and mission companions, beneath the steerage of WMO within the Regional Workplace for Asia and the South-West Pacific and Headquarters.
2. Present support to the UNRCO on the next duties:
- Stakeholder mapping of nationwide actors (authorities, UN, NGO, and many others.) and present coordination mechanisms pertaining to EWS;
- Manage a nationwide consultative workshop to take inventory of present EWS mechanisms within the nation, gaps and challenges, and arrange coordination mechanisms for EW4All shifting ahead;
- Translate the outcomes of the nationwide session workshop on EW4ALL into a niche evaluation and interact key stakeholders to provide a nationwide roadmap for EW4ALL 2024-2027, guaranteeing alignment throughout the principle 4 pillars and the worldwide EW4ALL technique and plans;
- Upon UNRCO’s request, assist any additional actions in the direction of advancing the EW4All initiative in Cambodia
3. Liaise with the Regional Places of work of pillar lead companies (UNDRR, WMO, ITU, IFRC) as required to facilitate streamlined communication throughout the RCO, nation officers and pillar lead companies for the implementation of EW4ALL in Cambodia.
4. Harmonize communication and coordination channels between companies and the federal government EW4ALL focus associated to any related EWS initiatives beneath the broader umbrella of EW4ALL in Cambodia.
5. Elevate consciousness and promote advocacy for the EW4All initiative on the nation stage and among the many UN Nation Group, together with by sharing info merchandise, organizing conferences and different actions
6. Along with WFP administration, RCO, pillar leads, nationwide focus and related stakeholders, work in the direction of defining long-term EW4ALL priorities, strategic objectives and implementation plans, together with via alignment with concurrent EWS efforts akin to CREWS, WFP/FAO’s anticipatory motion plans and others.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
A sophisticated college diploma in pure assets administration, environmental science, meteorology/atmospheric science, hydrology, or a associated subject with a minimal of two years of postgraduate skilled expertise on local weather resilience, local weather change adaptation, catastrophe threat administration, pure useful resource administration is required. Or a first-level college diploma in environmental science, meteorology/atmospheric science, hydrology, or a associated subject with a minimal of 4 years of postgraduate skilled expertise on local weather resilience, local weather change adaptation, catastrophe threat administration, pure useful resource administration.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Expertise engaged on Early Warning Methods is a bonus.
- Prior expertise working straight with authorities entities, UN companies and/or non-governmental organizations on points related to EWS and/or local weather change adaptation/resilience is required;
- Expertise in nationwide coverage and/or program improvement assist, strategic planning or associated work demonstrating a monitor report of engagement with the nationwide authorities is fascinating;
- Demonstrated expertise in occasion planning, workshop facilitating, report writing, proposal improvement and program cycle administration is fascinating;
- Demonstrated expertise in managing development-related mission/s. Experiences in tasks on climate-change adaptation, catastrophe threat discount, and early warning techniques can be a bonus
Programme Lifecycle & Meals Help: Shows capacity to determine the principle starvation drawback on the nationwide or subnational stage to design and implement context-specific programmes that combine advanced evaluation and the complete vary of meals help instruments.
Switch Modalities (Meals, Money, Voucher): Demonstrates capacity to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative info from completely different sources (e.g., market research) to tell switch modality choice and programme improvement.
Broad Data of Specialised Areas (Vitamin): Demonstrates the flexibility to interpret primary knowledge within the context of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring.
Emergency Programming: Shows capacity to translate understanding of programme rules in emergencies and protracted battle conditions into related, efficient, and context particular approaches.
Strategic Coverage Engagement w/Authorities: Develops thorough suggestions utilizing a number of inputs (e.g., authorities counsel, analysis, personal expertise) to strengthen nationwide or subnational entities and authorities owned meals and diet safety programmes.
LANGUAGE: Native Khmer and fluency (stage C) in English
All WFP Workers are anticipated to show the competencies and requirements of conduct aligned with our core values and outlined within the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, particularly:
- Main by instance with integrity,
- Driving outcomes and delivering on commitments,
- Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
- Making use of strategic pondering,
- Constructing and sustaining sustainable partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
To be thought of, candidates are invited to use through (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Solely short-listed candidates might be contacted.
Request for Incapacity associated Affordable Lodging:
You will need to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive office for everybody. Affordable lodging could also be made to allow certified people with disabilities to carry out important job capabilities.
WFP is dedicated to an accessible, inclusive recruitment course of. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of any incapacity associated cheap lodging or accessibility requests you’ll have. A member of the cheap lodging group will contact you to confidentially focus on your wants.
This electronic mail is just for use for any incapacity associated accessibility necessities and never for sending the appliance itself. Because of the quantity of purposes, any purposes or CVs despatched via this electronic mail tackle won’t be thought of a proper software and won’t obtain a reply from WFP.
The United Nations World Meals Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian company preventing starvation worldwide. The mission of WFP is to assist the world obtain Zero Starvation in our lifetimes. Every single day, WFP works worldwide to make sure that no youngster goes to mattress hungry and that the poorest and most weak, notably ladies and youngsters, can entry the nutritious meals they want.
The World Meals Programme (WFP) has been in Cambodia since 1979. The present WFP Cambodia Nation Strategic Plan (CSP) 2019-2023 goals to enhance and contribute to the federal government’s efforts to realize zero starvation via supporting social safety, local weather and catastrophe threat administration and meals safety and diet. WFP helps nationwide and subnational catastrophe and local weather change threat administration and to the nationwide strategic route and coordination on meals safety, diet and social safety via enhanced info techniques, information administration, and public-private and south-south partnerships. WFP additionally responds to the acute meals safety and early restoration wants of weak ladies, males, women and boys impacted by recurrent disasters.
WFP is dedicated to variety and inclusion inside its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any form of harassment, together with sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All chosen candidates will, endure rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment beneath any form of contract might be provided to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), Worldwide Civil Service Fee (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP Exterior Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and different comparable our bodies inside the United Nations system with oversight tasks over WFP, each throughout their service and inside three years of ceasing that service.
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.