University of Bradford
View All Opportunities
Directorate of Infrastructure
£44,737 to £51,805
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Wednesday 29 March 2023
To be confirmed
Working as part of a team, the role holder will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the overall functionality of our network infrastructure. The role holder will take a lead role in identifying network operational issues and providing a timely resolution.
Technologies include but are not limited to:
- HP Aruba switches, and IMC
- HP Aruba wireless networking, ClearPass
- Fortinet Firewalls
- ManageEngine Ops Manager
You should have excellent problem solving and communications skills. You will champion good practice and continual process improvement and provide a point of escalation for the network team.
- Essential: Educated to degree level in an IT related subject or equivalent relevant experience (for internal candidates, appropriate equivalent experience will be considered)
- Essential: ITIL V3 Foundation or equivalent relevant experience
- Desirable: CCNA / CCNP or equivalent qualification
Experience, skills, and knowledge
- Proven expertise in network management
- Extensive experience of managing networks and toolsets such as core, data centre and edge switches, layer 2/3 switching and routing, network segmentation and wireless networking
- Training can be provided for specific technologies in use at the University
Rewards and benefits
- Salary: Grade 9; £44,737 to £51,805 dependent on experience (potential to increase to £58,242 through our performance and recognition scheme)
- Pension: USS defined benefits pension scheme
- Annual leave: 30 days (or 217.5 hours)
- Eight bank holidays and five customary days
Find more information about the many other benefits, including salary sacrifice schemes, staff networks , on site gym and nursery facilities.
- Hybrid working available
- Work pattern: Typical hours: 36.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Note: Some work can only be completed outside of normal working hours. It is therefore important that applicants can work or be contacted occasionally during unsocial hours, including weekends
- Possible adjustments: We are open to any request for adjustments to support your needs around working hours flexibility, training, and mentoring, which would enable you to succeed in this role
- Application process: Aptitude test and interview
Apply now or if you wish to discuss the role you can message or book a call with Jon Bagshaw (role manager) via the Contact us section of the Careers in IT site .
Our Careers in IT site contains other useful information and videos including the full job description, an explanation of the recruitment process, and what it’s like to work in our department.
Confronting Inequality : Celebrating Diversity
At the University of Bradford we accept people for who they are regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or socio-economic background and whether you’re pregnant or on maternity leave.
In line with the University’s commitment to equality charters including Athena Swan, Race Equality Charter, Disability Confident and Stonewall Diversity Champions Programme, we welcome applications from people identifying with these characteristics. The University has a number of staff networks which provide peer support and safe spaces for staff who hold these and other identities.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.