Baylor College of Medicine
Apply now »
Nurse Practitioner – CHI St. Luke’s
The Part of Normal Inner Medication at Baylor Faculty of Medication is searching for a devoted Nocturnal Nurse Practitioner (NP) to hitch our staff at Baylor St. Luke’s Hospital within the Medical Heart. In collaboration with the skilled nocturnal hospitalists, you’ll play an important position in delivering high-quality affected person care at evening.
Offers superior nursing care to sufferers in a medical setting in an space of specialization underneath the course of a doctor.
- Obtains detailed historical past and carry out bodily examinations.
- Performs, orders, and interprets diagnostic procedures in accordance with related well being considerations of the affected person.
- Prescribes applicable pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapies.
- Maintains data and write orders and progress notes in affected person charts as to standing, therapies, and procedures.
- Displays and ensures accuracy of recording on affected person medical data.
- Offers follow-up well being upkeep care to sufferers in accordance with protocols established with the supervising doctor.
- Communicates with physicians, sufferers, and the relations of sufferers regarding affected person care.
- Collaborates with suppliers, and apply workers in figuring out applicable sufferers for care administration.
- Offers nighttime (7pm – 7am) cross-coverage for a median of 150-180 sufferers with in-house doctor help obtainable always.
- Affords backup help to speedy response nurses for sufferers experiencing decompensation.
- Contributes to the administration of in a single day admissions throughout surge conditions.
- Performs different job-related duties as assigned.
- Training Required: Grasp’s diploma in nursing.
- Expertise Required: 3 years of expertise in inpatient inside drugs or ICU, ideally throughout evening shifts. Prior expertise as a night-shift RN most popular.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Present license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Present Texas Licensure as an Superior Follow Nurse (APRN-NP), and Acute Care Certification. Primary Life Assist (BLS) Certification.
Baylor Faculty of Medication is an Equal Alternative/Affirmative Motion/Equal Entry Employer.
Apply now »
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.