Baylor College of Medicine
Apply now »
Nurse Practitioner – CHI St. Luke’s
The Part of Basic Inner Medication at Baylor School of Medication is looking for a devoted Nocturnal Nurse Practitioner (NP) to hitch our group at Baylor St. Luke’s Hospital within the Medical Heart. In collaboration with the skilled nocturnal hospitalists, you’ll play an important function in delivering high-quality affected person care at night time.
Gives superior nursing care to sufferers in a scientific setting in an space of specialization below the path of a doctor.
- Obtains detailed historical past and carry out bodily examinations.
- Performs, orders, and interprets diagnostic procedures in accordance with related well being issues of the affected person.
- Prescribes applicable pharmacological and non-pharmacological remedies.
- Maintains information and write orders and progress notes in affected person charts as to standing, remedies, and procedures.
- Screens and ensures accuracy of recording on affected person medical information.
- Gives follow-up well being upkeep care to sufferers in accordance with protocols established with the supervising doctor.
- Communicates with physicians, sufferers, and the members of the family of sufferers regarding affected person care.
- Collaborates with suppliers, and observe employees in figuring out applicable sufferers for care administration.
- Gives nighttime (7pm – 7am) cross-coverage for a median of 150-180 sufferers with in-house doctor assist out there always.
- Presents backup assist to fast response nurses for sufferers experiencing decompensation.
- Contributes to the administration of in a single day admissions throughout surge conditions.
- Performs different job-related duties as assigned.
- Training Required: Grasp’s diploma in nursing.
- Expertise Required: 3 years of expertise in inpatient inner medication or ICU, ideally throughout night time shifts. Prior expertise as a night-shift RN most well-liked.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Present license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Present Texas Licensure as an Superior Follow Nurse (APRN-NP), and Acute Care Certification. Primary Life Assist (BLS) Certification.
Baylor School of Medication is an Equal Alternative/Affirmative Motion/Equal Entry Employer.
Apply now »
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.