University Hospital Southampton
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
As part of this role you will be responsible for:
• Participate in patient assessment e.g., initial information gathering from the patient related to physical conditions and social situation.
• To be involved in risk assessment of patients as appropriate, including falls, acuity, nutrition, pressure ulcer prevention, infection control and manual handling.
• Ensure accurate and timely recording of all observations and report any abnormal findings to a Registered Nurse
• Document all care given and any other patient contact in nursing notes in a comprehensive and concise manner, adhering to the NMC guidelines for records and record keeping.
WHAT EXPERIENCE/SKILLS ARE NEEDED
As well as being a Registered Nursing Associate on the NMC register OR Associate Practitioner with a health-related Foundation Degree e.g. Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care. You will need to be able to show:
• Assessed as competent to administer medications.
• Extended clinical skills e.g. venesection/cannulation is desirable.
• Knowledge of nursing procedures and practices in an acute hospital setting.
• Ability to lead, motivate, delegate and to be a team player.
You will be expected to be flexible in your working including day and night shifts and weekend work.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.