THE ONE Campaign
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Office Coordinator will be responsible for the efficient administration and high quality operations for ONE’s Berlin based colleagues in the areas of office management & administration; legal & compliance; IT; HR and finance.
The jobholder will proactively partner with Global Operations, other countries and offices colleagues, and external providers in Europe and the rest of ONE, applying their knowledge and experience to develop and implement ONE’s operations’ processes and procedures to ensure they meet ONE’s needs.
The candidate should possess excellent administrative, project management, organisational and communication skills, with experience of working within high-pressured environments and show high attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in office management, and be an energetic and enthusiastic team player with a can-do attitude.
The role is based in Berlin, Germany and is a temporary position for about 15 months for parental cover. The ideal start date is in July of 2023.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Coordinate the administrative functions of the Berlin office including front of house, facilities management, office supplies
- Maintain internal controls and compliance with operations-related policies and procedures
- Lead the effective functioning of the office including negotiations with the landlord, vendors, and other service providers in the most cost effective manner
- Oversee office administrative duties including addressing general mail deliveries, distributing mail, and managing reception and welcome services
- With the direction of the Europe HR lead, support implementation of some HR processes and policies
- Help recruiter to coordinate recruitment process and interviews
- With the direction of the HR lead, serve as first point of contact to organize new joiners’ onboarding
- Support the Europe HR lead to maintain statutory employment forms and documents and relationships with external providers.
Legal & Compliance
- Support Legal Counsel for registration status, office leases, tax requirements
- Work on statutory compliance with health and safety legislation in the relevant country
- Partner with Legal Counsel on statutory compliance with GDPR in the relevant country
- Work with IT to provision mobile phones
- Partner with IT to hand out and retrieve configured computer equipment
- Organise office internet connections with local suppliers consulting with IT
- Lead on the payment of Berlin office bills, managing invoices and credit card payments, managing cash flow, processing office-specific and staff expenses, entering finance codes on ONE’s finance system
- Manage the treasury control and anticipate payments and funds requested to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Support Germany Director to manage the team budget. Assist the Europe Finance and Operations lead and Germany Director, with annual budgeting for ONE’s operations in Germany and the monitoring and reconciliation of programme budgets.
- Submit Payroll data to Payroll Manager and Europe Finance and Operations lead.
- Liaise with payroll provider
- Support the Europe Finance lead on monthly reconciliations, bank account record management, month end and tax yearend financial processes, including the focal point for the finance team for audit support, codification and reconciliation purposes.
Support to the Country Team
- Help organise successful events, conferences and other activities
- Help organising travel and accommodation
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or at least four years’ experience in office management and general administration in Germany
- Familiarity with basic financial processes
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power-Point) and Google Suite
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
- Ability to work in Germany is required
- Fluency in English and Germany required
WHAT WE OFFER
Salary range: 41,500 eur – 45,000 eur
We believe that our employees thrive when they have access to opportunities for growth and personal wellness, in addition to competitive salaries and benefits, check our page: https://www.one.org/us/about/jobs/
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs!
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.