Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Are you a digital product owner who is passionate about user experience?
Do you have experience working in an E-commerce environment using agile and scrum methodologies?
Would you like to use your expertise to support Oxfam in achieving our ambitious e-commerce growth plans, increasing customer and supporter acquisition, engagement, conversion and retention?
We are looking for a Product Owner to join the Oxfam Online Shop team to manage the development of E-commerce platform including the front-end shop, middleware and listing app used by our shops.
Oxfam’s Online Shop is unique – selling all kinds of second hand gems from vintage designer to quirky homewares, thousands of books, rare vinyl and everything in between, alongside Oxfam Unwrapped virtual gifts, and an expanding range of new Sourced by Oxfam products.
- Work with senior managers to create and develop a clear product roadmap for the E-Commerce platform.
- Work within an agile product delivery team to develop and maintain the E-Commerce platform and continually optimise it through testing and iteration.
- Gather business requirements from multiple stakeholders and establish a vision for delivery, informing and engaging them throughout delivery and implementation.
- Actively manage product development, providing regular updates to and managing relationships with key stakeholders to create cycle of continuous improvement.
- Identify and highlight risks and issues and articulate the impact of these on product delivery
- Authority to set product workload for agreed resources via backlog management and sprint planning
- Authority to negotiate timescales and changes to scope for product delivery with relevant stakeholders
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to our feminist principles and values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- Experience of agile and scrum development methodology
- Experience in developing digital products
- Strong understanding of Business Analysis and Project Management techniques
- Experience working within an E-Commerce environment
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Strong prioritization and alignment with business and IT stakeholders to ensure highest value realisation
We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.