Food and Agriculture Organization
The National Operations Specialist reports directly to the Head of Operations through the Senior Project Officer, and the technical oversight of lead technical officer in the FAO regional office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP). Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Cambodia, and in close collaboration with international consultants and national specialists, governmental counterparts, and other technical specialists, the incumbent will perform the tasks listed below.
Technical Focus :
Coordinate operations support to the “Public-Social-Private Partnerships for Ecologically-Sound Agriculture and Resilient Livelihood (PEARL) project”, implanted by FAO Cambodia.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The National Operations Specialist will work for the PEARL project and assists with preparation of documents in the context of operational management, budget control, reporting and learning material. Moreover, where required the incumbent will be expected to contribute to the country office’s projects and initiatives:
- Oversee all operational matters under PMU (and or the assigned Ministry) such as Coordinate, guide, supervise and support the operations, procurement, recruitment, administration and logistics of projects, together with project managers, for assigned projects;
- Assists in preparing work plans, monitor progress and, where necessary, proposes corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Ensures the timely provision of inputs into projects (personnel, technical support services, letters of agreement, contracts, training);
- Monitor the financial situation (budget, cash flow forecasting and expenses allocations) of the projects and prepare budget revisions when and as required;
- Support project managers in strengthening the institutional implementation arrangements in consultation with the involved partners and technical experts;
- Coordinate the preparation of inception, progress and final reports and other ad-hoc reports and missions from development agencies;
- Identify ways of promoting linkages and synergies between other FAO initiatives, programmes and projects; and support the programme/project development built from the implemented programmes/projects and those synergies;
- Control the quality of the design of new projects, especially on budget and operational requirements;
- Provide capacity development support to the co-EEs to establish the necessary quality control mechanisms that match FAO/GCF quality control standards for operational issues;
- Follow-up actions at project completion;
- Represent FAO at UN meetings when requested.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- Advance degree in public or business administration, finance, accounting, economics, social sciences or other field or other relevant fields
- At least five years of relevant experience in project management/operations and support
- Working knowledge of English and Khmer
- A National of Cambodia
Recommend your friend
Tasks and responsibilities:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.
Field Service Technician IILight & WonderMississauga, ONMississauga, ON
Manager, Human Resources – OperationsAir CanadaDorval, QCDorval, QC
1LMX International Operations Scrum MasterLockheed MartinCanadaCanada
Health Unit Clerk, Various ProgramsProvincial Health Services AuthorityVancouver, BCVancouver, BC