University Hospital Southampton
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Patient Pathway Coordinator responsibilities will include:
- Acting as point of contact between the patient and the clinical team
- Managing patient pathways, chasing diagnostic and outpatient appointments as necessary.
- Arranging inpatient admissions for elective surgery and any necessary appointments for both pre-assessment and admission.
- Using Fluency to ensure patient clinic documentation is turned around in a timely manner
- Managing consultant diary, making sure clinical commitments are cancelled as requested.
- Booking outpatient appointments as and when required
Other administrative duties.
ABOUT OUR TRUST AND SOUTHAMPTON
UHS is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and only an hour on the train from central London. The New Forest National Park and the beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than those in London, 13 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted and 13 nearby green spaces to enjoy.
Interviews will be held on
Tuesday, 11th April 2023
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO APPLY
If you’re interested in applying for this role, we’d encourage you to get in touch using the contact information at the bottom of this advert with any questions or if you would like to arrange an informal visit. Alternatively, if you’re ready to apply, please follow the link below to complete an application
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.