People Experience and Finance Intern or Co-op
April – August 2023
Hybrid – Vancouver, BC*
- Although Native Shoes is a remote-first work environment, the responsibilities of this role require the chosen candidate to work in-office a few days a week with flexibility when situations arise.
Why Native Shoes?
It seems the heavier the world gets, the more it needs lightness. At Native Shoes, we’ve made lightness our life’s work with our purpose: to make it easy for all to live lightly.
To achieve this, our team is an embodiment of our values:
- Design: We consider aesthetics and functionality in all we do.
- Possibility: We explore and achieve higher dreams by leaving constraints at the door.
- Integrity: We do what we say we do.
- Accountability: We take personal responsibility for our actions.
- Love: Leading with kindness, we love those around us enough to have truthful conversations.
- Light: Above all else, we choose to live lightly.
Native Shoes strives to embody each of these words in all aspects of our brand. We engage in a fast paced, ever-evolving working environment with plenty of room for innovative thinking — encouraging honesty and challenge in a comfortable workplace. If any of the above words resonate with you, this is the place to be.
Who is Native Shoes looking for?
Native Shoes’ purpose to make it easy for all to live lightly extends beyond our customers and applies directly to our internal customer, our employees. The People Experience and Finance Intern is responsible for supporting a purpose-aligned experience for our employees across the physical and digital workspaces. With a strong customer-focused mindset, they are passionate about supporting seamless office operations and driving high employee engagement. The People Experience and Finance Intern will also be supporting the Finance team with projects throughout the summer internship. This opportunity is designed to provide you with exposure, connection and insight into HR and Finance processes.
What would I be responsible for?
- Take charge of general, day-to-day office operations, including office supply management, mail distribution, and ensuring all areas of the office always remain representative of the brand
- Act as the systems expert on office technology and People systems in collaboration with building management or vendors
- Create an effective and connected digital workspace by keeping content up to date
- Support employee experience programs as needed, including Birthday & Anniversary Celebrations, and Everyday Hero Awards
- Provide program support to help coordinate company celebrations, events and activities
- Partner with the People team to execute office processes and policies that create an employee experience that reflects our values
- Maintain our HRIS, documentation, and other materials that support HR processes
- Support the finance team with day-to-day support, such as entering invoices, preparing various reconciliations, applying accounts payable payments, etc.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required
- Currently enrolled in a University Program, preferably with a focus in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, or Accounting.
- Strong working knowledge with Office, Outlook and Google Suite
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude, willing to jump in and help when situations arise
- Understand and be willing to put in the “extra effort” in dealing with time sensitive matters that may arise outside of general office hours
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven record of taking responsibility and using good judgment, including exercising discretion and confidentiality
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who is comfortable working independently and with a team
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.